What's new

Best Place for legal high quality MP3's (1 Viewer)

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
As the title suggests, I am looking for a site that has high quality MP3's. I prefer 256 KB vs the standard 128. Is there a legal site that has these? If there is a subscription cost as well, that is fine. My priorities are high quality and lots of songs to choose from, not cost.

Thanks in advance,
Shayne

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i really like amazon, and with the pepsi lid promotion right now you get a free songs for 5 lids. i know alot of people that drink pepsi so i get hooked up with alot of songs.

quality is decent and the downloader app is simple to use.

songs are 99¢ and albumes range from like 7$ to 22$ i believe

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
iTunes has two levels -- the higher bitrate selection is more limited. They're mp4 not mp3 but, if the point is the higher bitrate, some of iTunes ...I forget what they call it... "iTunes Premium" maybe?

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
Amazon has some Lame encoded VBR files. Only problem is they don't tell you which ones are VBR and which ones are plain 'ol 256.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

iTunes Plus is what you are looking for...

Todd... You wouldn't happen to visit other forums..... say a mac forum would you?

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
If you want to "buy" legal high-quality MP3 music files that syncs well with iTunes (if you have an iPod) or with Windows Media Player 11.0 (if you have a Creative, Samsung, Sandisk or Sony portable media player), the Amazon MP3 store is by far the best. Amazon's own downloader program--especially on the Windows side--automatically puts a playlist in either iTunes or WMP 11 that makes copying to a portable music player really easy to do. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mind you, given the dirty-cheap cost of server storage space nowadays, I'd like to see Amazon offer these music downloads in 256 kbps variable bit rate AAC format as an option, since the iPod dominates the portable music market and many newer portable music players can directly play back unlocked AAC format music files.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you are into more Indie choices as well, cdbaby.com has a lot to offer in LAME converted, unrestricted mp3s. I strongly recommend you sample some Happy Rhodes, just to see if she floats your boat.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
HDtracks.com is another one. Not sure what type of music you're looking for though...

The site boasts universal compatibility and no DRM with liner notes as well:

"If you've only heard crippled digital files (whether by DRM or lossy MP3), you need to check out the Ultimate Download Experience to hear what you've been missing." - Wes Philips, Stereophile Magazine

The HDtracks Ultimate Download Experience is in its final days of availability! Be sure to download it in your choice of three high quality DRM-free formats: AIFF, FLAC, and 320 kbps MP3. Like all HDtracks downloads, it can be played everywhere, including home music servers and MP3 players (including iPods), and you will receive a PDF file containing the cover art and full liner notes. Time is running out, so act now!

Our Download Manager works on both PCs and Macs. It launches automatically so you can start downloading your music without a cumbersome installation process.

Enjoy!
The HDtracks Team

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Woof Woof.....

Thought that might be you.........

Looks interesting.... thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks