What's new

Best Picture? (1 Viewer)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a Panasonic 47' model number PT-47WX49, and have been having a difficult time getting the best picture that I think it can produce. I've tried a Panny RP-56 progessive scan DVD player hooked up via component connection, and I didn't really see that much difference from that and my PS2 picture hooked up via component, there was some noticeable darker image on the PS2 and some fuzzy-ness, but nothing worth paying an extra $180-200 dollars for a standalone player, what is there that can be done to get the best possible picture for DVDs, will calibrating via Video Essentials help?

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
Firest, dial the contrast way, way down (if you have not already) and shoot for about 30% to 35% of full.

Next, get either Avia, or Video Essentials, as SOON as possible. Yes, either is worth the money. You may be able to rent (some rental stores carry them, but I would not not be without my own personal Avia, since I use it often). Yes, they really WILL make a difference. They will not do all of the "tweaks," but they are worth their weight in gold.

A paid ISF cal must wait at LEAST 100 hours, since your settings are drifting a lot at first.

Most of the "do it yourself" calibrations also should wait (but not all). In the meantime, read up on them.

The Avia or Video Essentials basic calibrations can be done IMMEDIATELY, though, if not sooner .

-Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks