What's new

Best Picture Quality Ever (SEABISCUIT and others) (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
About three weeks ago, I was watching Alien from the Quadrilogy. Originally I was just gonna have it play in the background while I did some work, but I found the transfer so beautiful I couldn't take my eyes off it! :emoji_thumbsup:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've mentioned Undercover Brother in a previous post. Still a gorgeous and largely unmentioned transfer. Another title that really featrues a great transfer is U-571. Despite a *tiny* bit of EE it is simply beautiful. My viewing equipment consists of a Denon 5900 connected to an ISF-calibrated Hitachi 57SWX20B 16:9 RPTV via component.

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
I've mentioned this before in other threads but don't know if I did here. The only movie on my setup (LCD Z1 FP, 82-inch-wide screen) that comes close to Seabiscuit (and it is a much better movie in terms of plot, acting, etc) is Below. No matter how many times I watch it, I'm still impressed. Best 3D imagery, black levels, flesh tones, ever. Seabiscuit beats it in my book only because it is a cleaner transfer. If you like WWII/submarine/ghost movies (don't we all?) you have to check out Below.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

And, hopefully, your Shakti Stone is resting comfortably atop the Emerson; but, please, don't let the Stone obscure your view of the Tice Clock.

Anyway...

A bit long in the tooth, perhaps, but gorgeous still is The Thin Red Line. Amazing transfer.

chris rick

Second Unit
Dracula: Superbit is absolutely stunning! Very filmlike and detailed. I second Seabiscuit by the way.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I used to think my DVD of "Training Day" looked great until I watched it in HD on HBO. When the movie was over, I put the DVD back in and was soooooo disappointed. The sound on the HD broadcast blew the DVD away too, which really surprised me.

I think the best looking DVDs to date are:

LOTR:TTT EE
LOTR:FOTR EE
Lion King: Special Edition
Finding Nemo

And I have to give a nod to the recent release of "Hoffa." For a somewhat older film, the transfer is gorgeous, and not a speck of dirt or artifacting anywhere to be found. I was really blown away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks