What's new

Best partner for the 3802? (1 Viewer)

dave-u

Auditioning
I'm looking for an amp that would work well with my new denon 3802. I'm sure this has been asked before, but would like some suggestions for my equipment. I like alot of volume with tight bass, but it must be clear. Would it been resonable to assume that a 3 channel would work fine and let the 3802 take care of the rears?
Infinity IL 60's for the fronts
Infinity IL 36c for the center
Infinity IL 10's for the rears

Thanks for the help
dave-u

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
dave-u,
You may wanna try an Odyssey Stratos (www.odysseyaudio.com) stereo amp or even the HT3 three-channel amp. I've had my Stratos hooked up to a 3802 for close to a year now and I really enjoy the sound it puts out (tight, authoritative bass, meaty midrange and accurate, albeit slightly rolled-off highs). At the very least, give Klaus a call...he's a great guy and will give you plenty of suggestions along with that small company customer service. :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
I'll suggest a Parasound amp but if you do a search around here you will also find tons of posts on equipment mated with Denon receivers.

Good luck

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
I've got my 3802 paired with a Sherwood Newcastle AM9080. Paid about $450 for it I think. It's a fantastic combo. The 9080 puts out 125wpc into 5 channels - three are powering the front three speakers and the other two power the 2nd zone patio speakers. I also considered Rotel and parasound amps but in the end the sound/value pushed me to the 9080. Great peice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks