Best "package" home theater system?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Spector, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Spector

Spector Stunt Coordinator

I know this wont be up to most of your standards but I'm looking to get just a package home theater system with the receiver, sub and 5 speakers. I was looking to spend about 1,000.

Also I know this goes in the comptuer section, and I'll go post it there. But if I want to hook up my computer to the home theather to PURELY listen to music, nothing else is that simple to do? I'm assuming I could just plug it into the receiver somewhere.

2. Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo Stunt Coordinator

Well as far as a package system, there's many many posting here on the subject... search for HTiB... I myself was looking into this route, found this forum, researched, and now I'm building a component system for the price I would have spent going the HTiB route.

As far as the computer, I just did this myself. It depends on what type of sound card you have. I have a SBLive! card and was about to use the digital out. Just had to purchase a 1/8" adapter and a coax cable allowing me to go from the SBlive's digital out into the a coax digitial in on the receiver. I'm currently using this setup to listen to my MP3's. If you have a SBLive card and go this route, you will also need to change the software to use "Digital Output Only", it's just a check box in the Creatixe Mixer panel.

Hope this helps.