What's new

Best ota only stb (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
for now the unit will be connected to an older analog tv in order to receive local digital signals, which should give me better reception than the present analog. would also prefer that the stb would be able to connect to the tv via rf connection so that the wife would not have to tune to another input on the tv. she would also prefer that the stb be black to match the other ht components. regarding future tv upgrade, been looking at the samsung dlp units. are all stb's compatable with all tv's? any special tricks that I would need to understand/know?

John S

Senior HTF Member
The cheapest open box one you can find.... lol

Sort of funny, but that is my real suggestion on it.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I don't think many STBs output an analog signal through the RF, but a $30 RF modulator can take care of that. I've got an older Samsung STB the SIR-T151 and it's nice. You're right you'll get much better than analog NTSC OTA signals. Try the new Samsung 451, it's only $250 at Crutchfield.!

Brad Newton

Second Unit
forgot about the rf modulator. any black units available?
is the samsung 451 a good unit? read about the problems with other samsung units.

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
I picked up my Samsung 151 on ebay last spring (new item), and it has performed flawlessly since then. I'm 40 miles from the stations, and my 20 ft. mast antenna is aimed through maple trees. Couldn't ask for better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks