What's new

Best option to hook up an X-box to an LT-150 projector? (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I have just decided to get one and am having trouble deciding how I want to connect it to the projector. Right now I have a 25' vga cable going out from my HTPC.
Option1: If I went the HD route I would need to get a vga to component cable but then I would either need to keep unplugging one vga cable and replacing it with the other or I could get a switch box. Would I be hurting picture quality with an A/B switch box? I could also send the component video through my receiver and then send it to the switchbox or lt150.
Option2: The other option is to use an s-video cable straight to the projector. Then I could just choose the source from the projector and leave it at that. But I don't know how good s-video looks. I could also run the s-video into my PC PVR card and use dscaler, I think.
So which is the best choice? The s-video would be the cheapest since I wouldn't need any switch boxes or break out cables. I just don't know what the video quality would be like.
Also if I need a breakout cable where would I buy one in person? I don't want to have to order it online but I will if that is the only place or if they over charge in person.
Thanks for any help.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Take a look at this thread. It might help you come to a decision, although admittedly I cannot find any pricing or availability info. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks