What's new

best $ on PS2 (1 Viewer)

DarrinH

Second Unit
I figure this has been asked before, but this is my first time posting in this section. I am interested in getting a PS2 with MGS-SOL or Madden2001. Anyone know where I can get the best price. I have done some searching for coupons on Amazing bargins.com and have seen the bundles at Amazon and buy.com.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
walk into any store and pickup the console alone for $299.

There is no need to buy a bundle now.

There won't be a price drop until after christmas... perhaps early in the new year, or announced at E3 at the latest, IMHO.

DarrinH

Second Unit
Anyone have a clue as to what the new price might be?

I think I will just wait until the price comes down. Two hundred ninety-night bucks seems too steep for a game system to me.

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
Most likely $249, like it just dropped in japan.

FWIW, if you think that much is too much loot, either look at gamecube ($199), or resign youself to always having to play "last years console". I can't imagine a PS3 or Xbox 2 costing anything other than $299 when they come out as well.

Don't forget to add in required extras-

my "cheap" gamercube launch evening was still quite pricey:

$200 console

$15 svideo cable

$15 mem card

$35 2nd controller

$150 for 3 games

$20 for extension cords

= about $450 after tax.

Like HT, gaming has become an expensive hobby.

DarrinH

Second Unit
WOW thats really not bad. My brother bought a PS2, Madden 2002 and a memory card for 400$. I would love to have the new Time Crisis2 with the Guncon2! That game looks fanastic! However thats a chunk of change for the system, a memory card, the AV adapter and the game+guncon2! I just dont think I can swing it now.

MikeM

Screenwriter
You should really check eBay if you don't mind a used PS2. They are redily available, and have packs with games, extra controllers, etc.
I got mine with two controllers, mem card, PS2, Original Box, and 6 games including Madden 2002 for $390. It was this auction
Not bad. Since many people may be selling to buy a GameCube or Xbox, it's a buyer's market. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks