Best On-Line Sites?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Downee, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Michael Downee

I'm in the market for Paradigm monitor series speakers, SVS Subwoofer and a Denon audio system. I'm willing to go used or reconditioned. Expensive stuff! Just trying to save a few bucks and do business with a reputable dealer.

Thanks!

Mike

2. Jeff Brink

Mike,

Haven't seen Paradigm's for sale by any online retailers. Have seen them on Ebay - suggest looking there. Also, SVS subs are sold by them directly through there online site which I am sure you have already seen. You may find an SVS on Ebay or even on this forum as well. As for Denon, try acousticsounddesign.com. I have no personal experience with them but have read good things about them and I know they have good Denon pricing. Good luck!

3. CRyan

Not sure where to get the best deals on the equipment you mentioned. But, just s little tip. Make sure you purchase from authorized resellers. Call up the manufacturer and ask if they warrant their products when purchased from non-authorized resellers. If not ask them if the store in question is authorized to sell their products. You can get stuck with a DOA product with no warranty. It has happenned to people on this very forum.

C. Ryan

4. Greg_R

Greg
    Paradigm doesn't sell online. Since you live in CT, a weekend trip to Canada may be in order for the Paradigm speakers. You should be able to easily save 40%+ (after exchange rate, & CA tax refund) over US MSRP.
    SVS sells direct, so that is your best price (unless you happen to get a B-stock).
    http://www.audiogon.com is where I do most of my buying & selling of audio gear... it's significantly more reliable than E-bay.

5. Thomas_Berg

Thomas
    i think the only online seller authorized for Denon is www.crutchfield.com
    all others will not be authorized, and you may not be able to use the warranty.

6. Brian Tuttle

I just bought a complete Paradigm Monitor system for my HT through a local store here, but I'm 99% positive that they will sell over the phone and ship anywhere. They are an authorized dealer for both Denon and Paradigm and are one of the better A/V stores in the Portland Metro area. They also sell used/reconditioned items. They may not be the most rock-bottom price around, but I know how hard Paradigms are to find from an authorized dealer online.
    You can check them out here : www.fredsoundofmusic.com

7. Thomas_Berg

Thomas
    Michael and others-
    head over here to HT Spot and get in on the SVS group buy that's happening for another week or two. this is a great time to get in on special pricing for new SVS products.
    enjoy!

8. Dan Steffen

For all you bargain seekers:
    Just get an American Express Blue card. They will price match up to $250. I bought my 3802 from crutchfield (authorized dealer), and pricematched to a non-authorized dealer
    Paradigm doesn't sell authorized over the web
    SVS is only on the web sold directly
    e-bay or look in the for sales section on this or other forums
    Good luck[​IMG]