What's new

Best of The New Scooby Doo Movie Collection (1 Viewer)

Kelly McK

Auditioning
I got my set for $49.95, which is the price I've been seeing it at everywhere .. so I wouldn't be too concerned about paying the ridiculous list price.

I'm fairly bummed that two of my favorite episodes are missing (the ones with Tim Conway and Jerry Reed). I don't hold out much hope for a second set either, since the whole "Best Of" title wouldn't make sense then.

On a side note, the case does have a big "1" on the side. Does that mean anything? Or do all the Hanna Barbera collections have this?

Kelly

Rob T

Screenwriter
I got a new one today and the sticker came off much better. :emoji_thumbsup:
I hope they'll eventually release the rest of them.

Kelly McK

Auditioning

So (e.g.) Flintstones season 2 has a big "2" on the side? I just wasn't sure if this indicated the release number for that show, or was some kind of Hanna-Barbera collection number.

I guess it doesn't have to mean anything that the New Scooby-Doo Movies set has a "1" on it, but it's one possibly hopeful datapoint .. *crosses fingers*

Kelly

Kelly McK

Auditioning

Alas, my set had a tear in one of the cases .. so I'll be going back to swap mine.

By the way, does anyone know of a detailed episode guide for this series (i.e. more than just summaries)? I saw them all a million times when I was growing up, but I've got them all mixed up in my head. I'd like to sort out the details on the ones that weren't included in this set .. esp. the Jerry Reed episode (my particular favorite). All I remember is he's in the basement singing "Pretty Mary Sunlite", the kids are walking around the Grand Ole Opry and hear him through the air vents, etc .. I also remember something about a wooden Indian's head rolling down the stairs, wax dummies of Thomas Jefferson and Davy Crockett and some vikings following them around .. was that another episode?

Kelly

Jay*W

Second Unit
Top Cat did not have a "1" on the spine, so perhaps it does carry some meaning.

Jay

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Wacky Races has a "1" on spine, even though it is the complete series, so I doubt a "2" will come along because there are no more episodes--unless they make some new ones.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
I take the spine numbers to refer to season numbers. Of course, they are largely unnecesary as most HB series only ran to one season. The Flintstones have nos 1-3 on the spines of seasons 1,2 and 3 respectively. I haven't bothered buying Scooby Doo, Where Are You, but I believe it has a 1 on the spine, as it should. Not sure what Johnny Quest has as I've passed on that too. Top Cat and Wacky Races only ran to one season, so the former is right not to have a spine number, the latter wrong to have one (unless the forthcoming Dastardly and Muttley set is going to have a no. 2, making it WR season 2?!?! [that would be odd]). The Jetsons has a spine number 1 and the designation "season 1" on the front, but this is to reflect the 1980s revival, which Warner seem to be considering as season 2. I suppose if the SD Movies has a spine number 1, Warner are taking this to reflect *volume* 1, so if I were a fan I'd be hopeful that the remaining eps will follow. It's an expensive set, but imagine how much more expensive it would be if all the eps were included!

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
The Scooby Doo episodes Im looking for are the ones that were broadcast with Scooby Doo's cousins Scooby Dee and Scooby Dumb. Also it wasn't apart of the Scooby Doo Where Are You.

Im hoping to complete my collection, of the old cast b4 they looked newer and dumber looking.

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Aye you looking for Scooby Doo show as mention above only series that can close capturing feel of original where are you run. It should be next to be released, I cant wait.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell

Actually, they don't exactly. They have replaced any and all celebrity appearances (e.g. The Addams Family) with alternate images from the series. A ghostly knight coming out of a chimney replaces the Addams Family, for example. The song itself is complete, but the visuals have been altered.

Barry Hebert

Agent
Thank you very much for pointing this out. I was afraid something like this might happen.

It's a fair bet the episodes not included in this set are missing because rights for those celebrity appearances could not/would not be secured. As such, their appearance in the opening credits would be a problem.

An altered opening is better than no opening, but disappointing none-the-less.

--Barry

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Why couldn't they get Philys Diller? WHY!?!?

seriously, as much as I hate the situation, I can understand Addams Family, Jerry Reed, Sonny & Cher, I guess Josie(on her own box), I guess Jeannie (I read earlier someone else own her. But for non music acts, what is the deal? Can they remove actor guest appearances now due to leagal problems? Oh, and why is Mama cass in there but not other music acts? I love her madly, it is a great episode but I am just wondeering why this is so messed up. Tim Conway too. It still lacks an explanation less they think them too unpolular are crummy episodes.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Hey, what animation cells did you guys get in your set?

Mine came with "Near the Fear" - a shot of the gang walking down a dimly lit corridor, with a weird mummy statue pointing a direction, and Scooby looking scared (imagine that!)

Gord

Rob T

Screenwriter

well I only know the general look of it. Not every frame.
It's close enough for me though.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I've finally started watching this set and it is remarkable how much better this looks on DVD than the last Scooby set. The specs which plagued it last time around are much, much less and the color is better as well.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks