What's new

Best of Simple Minds SACD (1 Viewer)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Anyone buy this one yet? It's available overseas (www.superaudio-cd.com), just curious how it sounds. It's also a hybrid which I find intriguing.
Curious at the quality (just two channel)
-brian

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
I've got it but I've only listened to disc one thus far. The quality seems quite good, though I admit I don't have a library of Simple Minds material to compare it to. They're a band I always meant to get into but never got around to it. When I saw this two SACD set for $25 shipped from Europe, I figured why not.

The songs I do have experience with sound much better on this collection -- deep and rich and not at all "thin" like I remember the original A&M CDs. I haven't listened to the CD layer so I can't speak to its quality.

Considering this set isn't even available on CD in the States, this is a pretty good deal even without the SACD factor. On the debit side, the booklet is fairly worthless, not even telling you what album each song is from (and they're not chronological so you can't guess).

Ryan

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
I just got the Simple Minds Best of 2 disc SACD hybrid and I will say that this is one of the best sounding SACD's I have ever heard so far! Very solid remastering job and if this is any sign of Virgin Label products with reference to SACD releases, I think we have a lot to look foward to.

Absolute must purchase for any fan or casual listener of their songs. Look for this in any Virgin Megastore...as that is where I found this one for $33. Decent $ for a 2 disc SACD...

Eric.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks