Best of Cowboy Bebop

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Ferguson, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I haven't seen a post on this yet here so i thought I would just bring it to people's attention that a Best of Cowboy Bebop 2 disc set will be released in November. It will be these episodes
    Asteroid Blues (1)
    Ballad of the Fallen Angels (5)
    Waltz for Venus (8)
    Mushroom Samba (17)
    Wild Horses (19)
    Hard Luck Woman (24)
    They will have a 5.1 English and Japanese plus a DTS track in Japanese as well. Plus english subtitles. This is great news and from what I hear the price is cheap as well. 3 episodes where picked by the director and then 3 where picked by the fans. On a side note out of spite , no news of a Movie Release for R1[​IMG]
    Thank You
    P.S. SRP: $34.98

2. Cary T

Cary T Screenwriter

3. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

The problem with Anime on DVD is that it is almost always relased at a higher price than the same amount of "regular" content would cost and the price rarely drops from its initial figure. I love Anime, but the high price keeps me from buying as much as I would, were it cheaper. If it's a matter of cost to produce dubs, then drop the dub! The vast majority of Anime fans prefer the original language tracks anyway.

I know that sounds a little OT, but it really isn't. If you're a casual Anime fan, then this "Greatest Hits" compilation will be a nice way to be exposed to a great series. It's just too bad that it's so expensive to get the whole series.

4. Jose Q

Jose Q Stunt Coordinator

Not to mention the fact that the chance to get the cool box set is long gone. Only way to get it is through ebay at $300+ (!!!).

I agree that getting disc 1 would be the way to go. Episodes 1 and 5 are some of the best of the series and they will sure hook you in.

I would have included the Pierrot LeFau (sp?) episode just for the first 10 minutes of it. I thought that was cool as hell when I first saw it.

And I hope the movie gets released soon and that the rumors that they are getting the original dub cast are true. Sure, most dubs suck but Bebop is one of those rare exceptions.

5. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

This is a 2 disc set for like 35$ or so. It's not meant for the newbie, though surely a newbie will grab it. These are the Japanese fans voted favorite episodes and the producers 3 favorites, remastered into 5.1 and remastered video as well I believe. These are the kinds of things that are almost NEVER brought over to the US.

I'm damn glad we're getting them. As a Bebop fan, and as someone whose heard a remix of these things, I can't wait to get a nice sample of good fun episodes in 5.1

6. Timothy Alexander

Timothy Alexander Second Unit

7. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

What, no Honky Tonk Women?!! Bastards...

8. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

this looks pretty good...but luckily for me i was able to get the perfect sessions boxset when it was still available. only cost me about 150.00. [​IMG] what's silly is that the dvd's are the same you can buy individually - it's just the silly box that doubles the price. crazy...
    i agree that pierre lefou (?) was one of the best eps. it may be my all-time fave. that was some crazy camera movement and that dude was just creepy!
    anyway, if you guys are interested, there's a pretty good discussion going on in the advanced anime thread about the costs of doing anime in america and the pros and cons. it starts about here:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...&pagenumber=22
    i think kong lists some other articles that are definitely worth reading.

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I have the Perfect Sessions Boxset already, so I don't think I'm gonna plop down another $35 for DD5.1 in just 6 episodes.

10. Jose Q

Jose Q Stunt Coordinator

Speaking of box sets that boost up in prices (and on a sort of unrelated note) you guys may also want to check out the Escaflowne Limited Edition Set coming out this month.

It's also released by Bandai and it's a great series that may get overlooked as a set and then seeked after at ridiculous prices.