Best Multi-Region DVD Player With PAL-NTSC Conversion

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Matthew H, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

I'm in need of a new DVD player. I need a decent multi-region one that has no problem doing a proper PAL-NTSC conversion so I can watch some R2 discs here in the States. I have no idea what to even look for, brand/model wise etc. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

2. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

I see it got bumped off the main page.. I need some advice on this, so it'd really be appreciated. Thanks!

3. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

If you've got a tv with DVI or HDMI inputs, I would suggest the Oppo, as it's got a great pic quality and does the conversion flawlessly. I know lots of players are said to do the conversion 'flawlessly' but the tests on the secrets of HT site show the Oppo actually does it. Added bonus if you've got a digital TV that can display either PAL or NTSC, because then with a player like the Oppo, no conversion is even necessary.

Again, I only suggest that player if you have DVI or HDMI. Analog inputs look fairly bad from it, if that's all you can use.

Most region free players do a decent conversion now, and there are so many in such varied price ranges that it's a lot like trying to shop for your regular DVD player since the selection and quality is there. HKFLix has a nice, albeit expensive, selection; and videohelp.com lists almost every player made, with ratings and whether or not it can be hacked to multiregion. Those are some places you might want to start looking at.

4. Jackim

Jackim Auditioning

I recently tried the iview 1800hd from Multi Region DVD Players . It played all my divx and had no trouble playing my region 3 dvds out of the box.

5. Gilpinrysry

Gilpinrysry Extra

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Gilpinrysry

Gilpinrysry Extra

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I'm going to be buying the Oppo Digital DV-981HD soon to replace my aging JVC Multi-Region DVD Player With PAL-NTSC Conversion. I'll be buying from HK Flix. [​IMG]