What's new

Best movies to show off bass shakers? (1 Viewer)

tom derby

Agent
I just hooked up bass shakers in my home theater. Now I want to really show them off. I know a lot of you guys have bass shakers, so tell me what movies really benefit from them. I figre Jurassic Park would and I think someone said the depth charges in U-571. Any others?

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
LOTR: FOTR-Opening scene, Sauron walking, and his explosion. Balrog scene.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Blade II, Underworld, any DTS demo dvd, Terminator 3, Pretator (when ventura sets off that gattlin gun) and lots more.

Bass shakers are a wonderful addition to home theater and once you get used to them, a sub by itself just won't be enough.......

cabreau

Second Unit
Monsters Inc., when the little girl laughs and the lights in the city go out. That is by far the deepest and most house-shaking bass ever. Be careful though, you might blow your sub, even an SVS. ;)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I agree with Cabreau. I will be more specific with what Donnie said about the DTS demos. The DTS demo I have, has Minority report on it. The scene where T.Cruise uses the pulse gun that sends a sound wave to the chasing agents....that is some serious bass.

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
Underworld. The whole movie has deep and loud bass especially when the jags hit the water.

Finding Nemo. The "tapping" scene, the shark sequence, and the boat sliding off the cliff sequence.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
To be honest, I have no Idea where to get a DTS demo from. You'll see them on ebay, some members sell them here in the software for sale area. A friend of mine burned a copy for me.If you'd like one send me a pm/email.

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator

I have mine set at 50hz.

(Split off the Sub Pre-Out which is crossed over at 80hz, and into a 100w/channel stereo receiver with a pair of 50hz passive crossovers plugged into the input jacks. I have 4 shakers total, with two per stereo channel for an 8 ohm load).

tom derby

Agent
stupid question for john: I got the 50hz inline from partsexpress. couldn't i jut use the one rather than both and hook it up at where i split the subwoofer cable. I have my subwoofer cable split twice. or should i use both and place them after the second split?

Trevor_J

Second Unit
One of my favourites is the beginning of 'The Matrix: Reloaded' and the 'Burly Brawl' scene. In the Burly Brawl, there is a lot of bass when it goes into bullet time, especially after Neo picks up the metal pipe.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
i don't have bass shakers, but the D-Day invasion at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan (especially the DTS version) has lots of everything... i imagine you would feel it?

Eric Eash

Second Unit
since the completion of my monster subwoofer, i have been going through the collection to see what movies are bass heavy. the best ones so far have been;

Starwars Episodes 1&2
Titan AE
Monsters Inc
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 2
Black Hawk Down
Fight Club
The Haunting DTS

i still have lots to go through, but these movies will make you sick of bass and give you headaches. i love it.

eric

Mark_vK

Auditioning
one of the BEST bass shaker movies EVER has to be "Cradle2TheGrave" its got eminems "Go To Sleep" at the start.

Chad Viro

Stunt Coordinator
If I wanted to add bass shakers, would I need to purchase an amp as well? I have the following configuration:
denon 3803 receiver
denon 2200 DVD Player
Axiom M60ti's, QS8's, and 150
SVS Sub (Have not purchased this yet...but will, more than likely, buy the 320watt box sub).

If I choose not to purchase a sub, do I need an amp for the bass shakers?

EDIT: I did some digging and found my answer: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...t=bass+shakers

Are "pro audio" power amplifiers or monoblock amplifiers expensive? anyone got a link? Or could I use my 6th and 7th channels of my receiver for the shakers? I guess I am just confused :frowning:

Would this subwoofer amp work? I noticed partexpress has it on sale: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...02&dotd=012304

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks