What's new

Best Movie With The Worst Music?? (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
In regards to Ladyhawke...

I've also thought that the music didn't fit this film...but I've ALSO always thought the music was pretty cool...just not right for that specific movie...

Of course I also like Alan Parsons...

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
Rob, thank you but I was aware, I was just saying for an odd reason that I think of it during the theme in Scarface. (brain fart)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Ladyhawke

The Untouchables

Legend (at least they fixed it on the DVD)

and DUNE isn't bad if your baked out of your gourd.:D

DeeF

Screenwriter
I thought this was "great" films with bad music.

I'll be getting my butt kicked big time, but the greatest movie with the worst music score is probably

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

with that awful cowboy music by Max Steiner.

Another good movie with bad music is

Witness

All the music is played on Synclavier, and it's by Jarre? Morricone? Whoever wrote it, it's bad, bad, almost ruins the movie.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Star Trek II - If they ever figure out a way to replace Horner's off-key, badly-played, mess of a score, I'd really be able to enjoy the film more.

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
I have been waiting for this subject for quite a while! I can not for the life of me figure out why that darn Guns & Roses song was added to the end of Terminator 2! I get the 'metal' connection, just not that song or them at all!!! The Brad Fridel music was just fine! And not being a fan of Guns & Roses dosen't help!:angry:

Matthew_S

Second Unit
another one i just thought of is Driving Miss Daisy. I think it's a good movie but the music seems really dated here 10 or so years later...sort of like scarface....it was probably cool (or at least contemporary) when it came out but now seems....off.

"push it to the liiimmmmiiiiiiiit"....

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
A number of friends have mentioned Strange Days and The Third Man, but I disagree.

The score for The Big Blue has not aged well at all, in my opinion.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
another one i just thought of is Driving Miss Daisy. I think it's a good movie but the music seems really dated here 10 or so years later...sort of like scarface....it was probably cool (or at least contemporary) when it came out but now seems....off.
I saw the movie for the first time about a year ago and loved the music. :)

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Can't believe no one's mentioned To Live and Die In L.A. Anyone?
It was the first thing that popped into my head.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Here are two very good comic book based action movies that could have been much better with truly distinguished music: Spider-Man and X-Men. Spider-Man in particular really needed a zippy theme to it.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
In another thread some have mentioned Dario Argento's Inferno, the Keith Emerson score isn't really bad as much as it is just out of place in most sections.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Somebody mentioned Star Trek II, but I'd say the score for Star Trek IV is terrible. It's my favorite cinematic Trek, but the music sounds like Christmas tunes!

Tim O.

Grip
Goldeneye ...terrific Bond film, but Eric Serra's score is LAME. The brooding euro-techno sound feels completely wrong for a 007 adventure

I've also never been a big fan of Ennio Morricone...I think his scores for The Untouchables and In the Line of Fire are bland.

I love the music for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly though...:D

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Hmmm... The Highlander movie music was irritating for me because on the DVDs I have purchased, they REALLY pumped the Queen music, but you have to have your system cranked to the max to hear the dialog, [unless it's Brenda screaming!] :angry:

Does anyone know if there is a version of Highlander on DVD that has decent sound quality? Neither the el-cheapo I picked up, nor the director's cut have decent sound quality, EXCEPT for the music. Which I kind of like, except for Forever, which did NOT fit the scene. Watching Heather slowly age and die was supposed to be painful for Connor, and draw the audience in to his feelings. Hearing that particular song shrieked ruined the mood for me.

Another major irritation for me is how hard soundtracks I liked can be to find, or to find the movie version of a song, such as the version of "It's a Kind of Magic" they used over the end credits of Highlander. I hated the album version.

Perhaps I am prejudiced in regards to movie music, because I like the big orchestral scores, like one gets from John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner.

Dave - Regarding To Live and Die in LA -
"I wonder why in LA,
to live and die in LA"
Bad rhymes - 'nuff said! :rolleyes

Drew - I fully agree. I get a lot of rap "appreciation" :thumbsdown: around here, with everyone driving their portable earthquakes around.

Joshua - THANK YOU! So it's not just me, it DOES sound like Christmas music to other folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks