What's new

Best movie while stoned? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Does anyone else think of Jim Brewer when they hear the word 'stoned'? For some reason I do, maybe it's because he looks stoned all the time and that maniacal laugh of his.

He was on the Howard Stern show a few months back and just ripped the roof off the joint he was so funny, maybe he was stoned. :laugh:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

What the hell kind of "pot" are you people smoking?
Even when I did briefly partake in my youth I never got so stoned as to be hallucinatory...are you folks confusing marijuana with LSD or something?

BTW, on a side note, The Wall makes perfect sense whether you are under any sort of influence or not, I first watched it long before I even tasted beer and it still made sense to me back then, the same goes for most films people tend to say you "need to be stoned to get" such as Clockwork Orange or 2001...if these folks can't understand them without drugs then they have no imagination whatsoever IMO.;)

Kind of reminds me of Jon Stewart: "Did you ever see Scent of a Woman?"
Scarface: "Yup."
"You ever seen Scent of a Woman... on weed? That's the way to see it. It's just wacked."

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Fritz the Cat
The Big Lebowski
Fear and Loathing

You know...it really depends on what kind of stoned you are to enjoy certain movies. But that is just from personal experience. :b

Sometimes it's trippy visuals. Sometimes just a weird or (just a bad movie) is just enough.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

As A Child's Garden of Grass tells us, everything on [TV] is good when you're stoned.
So, you have to be careful. ;)

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator

That movie entertains highly on every single substance known to man. And it's a completely different experience every single time. Best drug movie EVER.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Rubber Johnny
The Doors
Apocalypse Now (the shorter version for the colors and imagery)

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Not speaking on personal experience since I don't smoke or drink but I have heard from friends who do get high that say that they trip on these movies.

Toy Story
Heavy Metal
Happy Gilmore
How High
Half Baked
Boat Trip

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator
dude ,do you want movies that are trippy like Evil dead 2? or flicks where the characters are stoned all the time like UP IN SMOKE. animation is good AKIRA,FIRE AND ICE,HEAVY METAL,THE INCREDIBLES,
CULT stoner movies like THE BIG LEBOWSKI,THE HARDER THEY COME,ROCKERS. THE PYTHON MOVIES ARE COOL, BLAZING SADDLES.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Like, duh!

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Half Baked
The Big Lebowski
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Toy Story
The Matrix
Dazed and Confused
National Lampoon's Van Wilder
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season Six, "Once More with Feeling!"

But the tip of the iceberg. So many rock...

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Said to be a favorite of Quentin Tarantino and attracted Steven Spielburg.
FANDANGO (1985)
Kevin Costner (before he made a name)

If you’ve never seen this one you have to rent it.
The airport
skydiving
scene alone is worth the effort rounding this film up.
Bonus:
The buick and the train

Five guys- graduating college..draft in effect, ….road trip in Texas.

TRUMAN: You do that in the real thing dude, and you're gonna bounce

They’re airheads Gardener! Bimbos. Little girls with little brains.
Gardner: well we’re not trying to expand their MINDS Phillip so don’t get picky on me.

Jon_Jones

Auditioning
Really, anything that's a good movie. There's nothing that special about being high (unless you are a newcomer to the substance) that mandates you watch some freaky, trippy movie.

I'd recommend the same movies for the sober and the not so sober, with the exception of depressing shows where being stoned will make you more depressed. The Wall is one of these movies and I don't think it's a very good stoned flick.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned.

John Carpenter's Dark Star.

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
My grandmother would have recommended Spinal Tap. And I bet she would have liked other concert movies too, like Talking Heads SMS. Residents are quite a trip (she said, esp referring to Icky Flix), as is DEVO... Ahh yes, DEVO....

Now, I would tell my grandma that prob any good film (to her, ie you, the OP) would be good while stoned, but how would I know, she never shared...

Have fun, distant friends of distant friends of Holadeck ;)

Now, wouldn't that be something...calling in a holodeck for this anticipated situation - perhaps dare I say it on HTF, it might surpass a DVD... ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/st/tng/holo.shtml ) Seriously, ST might be fun, too.

Dan

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
The Dark Crystal & The Never Ending Story are also one's that we liked to watch....I think the idea of practically any film being good is correct but the other thought of not wanting a "downer" is also valid, I don't recall us watching Terms Of Endearment or Kramer vs. Kramer for instance.;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
All films are nicer when one is stoned. And today's cannabis, at its very best, is every bit as psychedelic as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline.

I cannot get over how many members in this thread are referring to "others" who have been stoned while they themselves give off the appearance of never having been there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks