What's new

best movie to watch in the dark (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
ok, we all have surround sound and we all enjoy watching movies. I wanted to know how many people have enjoyed keeping the picture off while playing a dvd. well, the point of this post is to list what movies we each think are good movies to listen too, or movies we know are good movies to listen too. can you get better imaginf when the picture is off?

If this has already been a thread, please close this one

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Didn't want to leave you hanging! I gave it no thought, but the fairly obvious Pitch Black is actually a great choice all around. It gets my immediate vote!
Take care,
Chuck

Geno

Supporting Actor
what i was trying to get at was, how well can you "see" what is going on in the movie with no picture. [this helps when you have seen the movie many times] for example, i listened to The Phantom Menace last night, and I thought it sounded better than with the picture on.

try it

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I like City Lights and Fantasia sometimes just for the soundtrack.

I made my own CD-R of the CL re-recording, so I can enjoy the score in PCM sound.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
For me, this would be movies that not only have good sound but also have great scores also....

- Hook
- Braveheart
- Dinosaur
- Gladiator (one of the best in the dark films)
- LOTR
- The Mask Of Zorro
- The Prince Of Egypt
- Jurassic Park

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Other than Musicals (too obvious) I would think Pulp Fiction would work very well as it has some of the best dialogue ever put in a movie!

Geno

Supporting Actor
hey, id watch the wall in the dark, but this thread was focused on 5.1 and up soundtracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks