What's new

best movie soundtracks? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I still listen to Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey soundtrack, loved Faith No More, Primus, Kings-X & Megadeth at the time and there are some great songs from them on the CD.

"GO TO HELL!"

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings - FotR, TTT, RotK (All three are amazing)
James Horner - Titanic - minus the Celine Dion song and we've got a great soundtrack.
John Dabney - The Passion of The Christ
Garden State - Zach Braff did a good job compiling a basically a greatest hits of todays music.
John Williams - Schindlers List - I love John Williams work, but this one is my favorite.
James Newton Howard - The Sixth Sense

In some more off beat stuff, I still love the Ghostbusters soundtrack from the first movie. And oddly enough the Napoleon Dynamite soundtrack.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Now, are we talking about soundtrack albums (with songs aside from the traditional score) or are we talking about the score? Because I see quite a few just posting score albums rather than soundtrack collections of songs.

If you want my opinion of the perfect mix of the two then I would name Queen's Flash Gordon soundtrack album, absolute perfect mix of dialog, song, band score & orchestral score from the film....lot's of fun. In fact that would make for a VERY interesting DVD-A.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

When I think of a soundtrack, I think of the score. I consider score music to be our generation's classic music.

One of my all-time favorites is Born on the Fourth of July. Interestingly it has a mix of score with songs, but the score is incredible, with very haunting trumpet solos.

A couple of favorite score-onlys are Wyatt Earp by James Newton Howard and Legends of the Fall James Horner.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I have this old cassette of The Shining soundtrack that I pop in whenever I start a genre-related screenplay. Great stuff! I also enjoy my SACD of the Jerry Goldsmith scores.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Certainly some great ones mentioned, especially some I had enjoyed and forgotten about, Not Another Teen Movie being one of those. Requeim for a Dream is great, as is Kill Bill.

One I would like to throw into the mix..

Last Action Hero, that was quite a rocking CD I listened to that one a lot.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Back to the Future is good.

That Thing You Do! is my all time favorite movie soundtrack... ever.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I just saw "Alexander" last night. Say what you will about the movie, but I loved the music, and plan on hunting down the CD as soon as I can. :)

Kyle Smith

Auditioning
The first ones that pop in my head...

Ravenous
I Heart Huckabess (or any Jon Brion score for that matter).
Virgin Suicides

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Here are my favorite as far as scores'

Backdraft
Regarding Henry
Gladiator
Legends of the Fall
The Fifth Element (only some parts, not to mention it's a good subwoofer workout)
American Beauty (score only)
Life as a House
Little Man Tate
Edward Scissorhands
The Mission
The Living Sea (IMAX film)

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i listen to soundtracks when i go to sleep at night so i have a huge collection. some of the ones i have on my bed are.

all star wars
indiana jones
lord of the rings
the crow
batman 1
batman begins
braveheart
far and away
world of warcraft
fight club
robin hood
conan
fantasia
superman
rob roy
gladiator
and alot others i cant think of

the one that gets played themost probably is fight club though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks