What's new

Best Movie Download Site (1 Viewer)

p150

Auditioning
Real Name
Ari
Sorry if this has already been discussed or if I'm posting in the wrong section...

I just got a new laptop and 720p projector and I have an old 5.1 DD system. I was wondering which movie download websites are the best in terms of picture and sound quality? I've taken a quick look at movielink and cinemanow and have seen no evidence of 5.1. I also don't think either offer movies in 720p. ITunes seems to have some selection in 720p with DD. Is ITunes the best site? What have your experiences been with these sites? Are there others out there?

Thanks...

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I don't own one but if I wanted to, I would go with Vudu. Most reviews have been very positive. They don't have as big of an HD selection as AppleTV but they are presented in 1080p/24 with 5.1 DD.
Also, movie viewing is pretty much instant once the download starts if your broadband connection is at least 4MB. (2MB for SD movies)
Just google vudu/apple tv/roku reviews for further info.

p150

Auditioning
Real Name
Ari
That's interesting, but Vudu seems to require the purchase of a $300 box. I'm looking to take advantage of the laptop, internet connection, and projector that I already have with a website that offers 720p/DD 5.1 downloads.

Real Name
Brian Timmermeister
Seeing this post made me curious to see how iTunes hd would look on my projector.

After checking into it, it seems you can't get the hd content with your computer. HD is only available to Apple TV users. This is very disappointing to me, if anyone knows of a way to get the hd content without the Apple TV please post it here.

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Smith
Well until the studios decide that downloading is the future, you're not going to find what you want (at least I don't know of any that offer 720p/5.1 surround).

p150

Auditioning
Real Name
Ari
Wow. Thanks for the response. It is surprising to me that no one offers 720p/5.1 downloads. Seems like a service that would attract technophiles - exactly the type of person that already owns all the hi-def gear. Looks like I better act quickly so I can corner the market....
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hickskeith007
Recent bookmarks