What's new

Best memory card for Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
Well there are currently 2 cards on the market. The least expensive is the Memory Card 251 which goes for about $29.99CAD. It's pretty big and should be good for about 10-15 games easily. The biggest is the Memory Card 1019 which is about $10 more than the 251 card.

I've noticed that EA games take up the most space, typically 50+ blocks so if you play a lot of their games (Need for Speed, Tiger Woods etc) step up to the 1019 card which I think is the best value. You get almost four times the storage for an extra $10 over the other card.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
Keep in mind that the Nintendo branded cards tend to be more reliable. However, you can find off-brand cards with 1019 blocks for $19 or so. This probably represents the best value if willing to risk a somewhat less reliable device. If you're risk averse like me, stick with the official Nintedo Memory Card 1019.

As stated above, the 251 will suffice if you play only a few games that don't include the EA Sports stuff.

David

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I agree, off-brand cards are bad juju. I never touch 'em cause it would be my luck to have one go bad on me just after I beat the world's toughest game.

I picked up the 1019 the week after Christmas for about $26 USD. It's a total monster. I have about 30 games, with sometimes multiple save files (profiles, etc) and I still have well over 800 units left. With what little lifespan is left in the Cube, I don't think I ever have to worry about filling it up. Of course, YMMV if you love the memory-hogging sports games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks