What's new

Best looking speakers you've ever seen (1 Viewer)

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
I had a vision this past week after viewing and listening to the most beautiful looking and sounding speaker I've ever seen/heard.
The speakers were the Revel Salons. A friend of a friend owns these babies. The Salons were gloss black with rosewood side panels, gorgeous. The only thing better than their looks was their sound. "I've got to get me some of those." I said, as they dragged me out of the house. ;)
Anyway has anybody else here seen and/or heard their "nirvana speaker"?
geo

Miles_W

Second Unit
Sonus Faber Amati Homage
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

PatrickM

Screenwriter
The Revels are very nice but I like the new B&W Nautilus 800 Signatures with the Bird's Eye Maple.

Patrick

rich wu

Auditioning
The Sonus Faber Amati is beautiful. Another really nice one is the B&W N800 Sig. The Revel Salon has a very modern look that people either like or hate. I had consider buying the Salons but they were too big for my room. I did get its smaller sibling, the Studio in Grey/silver with aluminum sides. My wife likes them a lot. Most visitors think they look like robots. Personally, I think they look nice but what really matters is how they sound and sound fantastic.

Sankar

Second Unit
Hmmm .. I guess that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"! It also depends on the decor of the room, the other furniture, etc.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
David- you beat me to it! i love the looks of the entire B&W line, but i was gonna display a pic of those Nautilus speakers. well there's two votes for the same $40,000/pair speaker!

Swan Divas, Martin Logans, and Maggies also look beautiful IMO.

DavidAM

Second Unit
I thought of the Nautilus speakers too when I read the topic but you guys already beat me to it.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
9109CMGEN-IMG-201-ZZ.jpg

Those are the Genesis 201's. $45,000 a pair. I was gonna post the Genesis 1.1's...but at $135,000 a pair, I thought that was a bit extreme :D
Bruce

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
A personal favourite are the Monitor Audio Gold Series. All the finishes look nice, but the black is particularly nice, since it contrasts well with the white main driver.
/Jeff
gold_60.gif

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
If I knew how to cut and paste stuff on these Forums, I would put up a picture of the Divas by Swans. :)
Russ

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't think anything beats the Norh Marble line, at least as far as looks go. (No slouch as performers either IMHO.)
And check out their new Celedon line at the bottom...
pic1l.jpg

pic2l.jpg

Celedon:
celedon4_0_3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks