Best Looking Catalog DVDs

Robin9

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Hollywood Story was mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago, and that reminded me that I hadn't seen it for a long time. I watched the TCM DVD today. It's excellent with clean images and sharp focus. Highly recommended!

Reactions: davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Hollywood Story was mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago, and that reminded me that I hadn't seen it for a long time. I watched the TCM DVD today. It's excellent with clean images and sharp focus. Highly recommended!
I haven't seen a bad TCM DVD yet. In fact, their first DVD of "Remember The Night" was excellent, and then I got their second "Library Of Congress print" DVD which came from an even better source and was even better. They always get great results from their source materials in my experience. Even a minor film (but Matychuk family favourite) like "Saskatchewan" gets first-class treatment on disc, and that is what I've come to expect from TCM.

Reactions: Robin9

Robin9

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The DVD of It Happened At The World Fair is exceptional. Projected onto a 10 foot screen, it's not far short of high definition quality. I watched it yesterday for the first time for ages and I was surprised at how good it was.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
The DVD of It Happened At The World Fair is exceptional. Projected onto a 10 foot screen, it's not far short of high definition quality. I watched it yesterday for the first time for ages and I was surprised at how good it was.
Many of the Warner MGM Elvis DVD titles are excellent. Harum Scarum looks fantastic. How I wish they would put Blu-rays out for all the MGM titles. They could all look like Viva Las Vegas does in Blu-ray. The German Blu-ray of Tickle Me (certainly a Warner master of the Allied Artists film) looks very nice as well.

Robin9

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yesterday I watched the Warner Archive DVD of My Blood Runs Cold which has very impressive images. I recommend this disc to anyone who enjoys melodramas as much as I do.

Robin9

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched the Criterion DVD of Ace In The Hole last night. This is a film where I've haven't upgraded to Blu-ray and yesterday's viewing reminded me why not. The DVD is above and beyond serious criticism, an exceptional disc.

Robin9

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched In Harm's Way yesterday for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten how good the picture and sound quality is: a very good disc. (I'm going to upload a couple of photos of Barbara Bouchet into the Blondes thread)

Reactions: Flashgear