What's new

Best Live Performance by a Rock Band? (1 Viewer)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
The best concerts I have seen are:

1. Iron Maiden (Somewhere in Time tour)

2. Dio (Last in Line tour)(it was such a good show I saw it twice)

3. Deep Purple/ Bad Co.

4. Ozzy/ Metallica (Ultimate Sin/ Master of Puppets tour)

5. Iron Maiden/ Queensryche/ Halford (Sept 10, 2000)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Aerosmith (Rocks)

Black Sabbath (Reunion)

Cheap Trick (Dream Police)

Deep Purple (Perfect Strangers)

Heart (Little Queen)

Iron Maiden (The Number of the Beast)

Jethro Tull (Songs From The Wood)

Ozzy Osbourne (Diary of a Madman)

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant (Unledded)

Police (Synchronicity)

Rush (Moving Pictures)

Scorpions (Blackout)

Triumph (Allied Forces)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Dream Theater - Metropolis 2000 tour!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I'm looking forward to see them on their upcoming tour in january...

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
I have seen many of the bands mentioned here and agree some of these were some very good shows. Here are my most memorables:
U2- 1983 War Tour, Palladium NYC
Can still remember they opened with "Electric Co" - Just powerful, they were young and full of life. Bono was a ball of energy. I was in the first row ( general admission back then- first come first served- 7 bucks :) ) and was scary 'cause I was almost crushed against the stage.
REM - 1983 Queens College NYC - Opened with "Wolves, Lower". Dreamy and magical. Like no "garage" band I'd ever heard.
Some others I enjoyed were Rush, Echo & the Bunnymen, Metallica - Master of Puppets tour and many others.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Pink Floyd - I have seen them a few times, but once at
Giants Stadium in the rain stands out.
Also... a memorable one was Guns n Roses/Deep Purple/Aerosmith.
During 'Smoke On The Water' some idiots
lit a few seats on fire (Giants Stadium again).
Hey Frank! I was at both of those. :) I think the Floyd-in-the-rain was on a Friday night ('87?), if I recall correctly. I was directly across from that fire in Giants Stadium.
The best show I've seen might be G'n R and Metallica at Giants Stadium in '92. Incredible. It was very exciting, though, to see Paul McCartney for the first time at MSG.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I haven't been to very many concerts at all, but here in Manhattan, The Urge plays at a bar about twice a year. They sounded so awesome live.
BTW, if you haven't heard of them, they have a song on the movie Titan A.E.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I have not been to many concerts latley but a few of my recent fav's

Elton John,just him and his piano...excellent!

Rod Stewart,Saw him 3 times,twice for free.Always a great show.

Rock Festival last summer in chicago,lots of bands there but the ones I liked the most..Kid Rock(touched him during a crowd surf),Metallica,STP,Third Eye Blind,Tragically Hip,Bare Naked Ladies(second time for them,hopfully not the last time)

Went to see Creed last year.Creed was good but their opener,7Dust just kicked ASS

Saw Ozzy on his retirement sucks tour,Korn opened

Natalie Merchant was great

Best non rock show,Reba

Saw the supernatural experience with Dc Talk twice..Really nice.

Favorite show ever..The Eagles,Hell Freezes Over

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Frank! I was at both of those. I think the Floyd-in-the-rain was on a Friday night ('87?), if I recall correctly. I was directly across from that fire in Giants Stadium.
I did go to a Floyd show in '88 on a Friday. Maybe that was it.
However, I have seen them a few times :).
Also, my very first concert was a good one, Van Halen
in 1984 with Diamond Dave at the Meadowlands Areana.
Other good ones that come to mind.....
Stones (Steel Wheel)
Iron Maiden (Powerslave at Radio City Music Hall)
The Who (Quadrophina sp?- United Center)
Kiss (stage show only - they are going through the moves
Rosemont-Chicago).
Lollapalooza (Joey Ramone singing Surrender with Cheap
Trick and Soundgarden-IL).
Motley Crue (Dr.Feelgood - Tommy Lee fell about 40ft to
the ground and knocked out - New Haven)

VicRuiz

Second Unit
Pink Floyd - I have seen them a few times, but once at Giants Stadium in the rain stands out.
Boy, does it ever! I was at that show too (6/3/88) and those lasers cutting through the raindrops looked incredible! I also caught them again 2 months later at the Nassau Coliseum (the shows filmed for "Delicate Sound of Thunder"). However, my best Floyd show was on 6/11/94 at Yankee Stadium for "The Division Bell" tour.

But the best concert of my life was the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert on 5/14/88. This was a 13-hour show at Madison Square Garden. I went in at noon and came out at 1:00 AM, after being treated to sets from Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Yes, Genesis, Foreigner, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Iron Butterfly, Vanilla Fudge among others, and culminating with the second full Led Zeppelin reunion (the first one was at Live Aid). Being that Zep is my favorite band, that was worth the price of admission right there! The other bands were just icing on the cake. That was some day!

L. Anton Dencklau

Second Unit
Best concerts were
1.Nine Inch Nails 1994 with Marilyn Manson (when no one knew them) and The Jim Rose Circus Sideshow. As soon as they started playing "pinion" there was this huge crush of people rushing to the arena floor and everyone who was already there was trapped in for the duration. I was screaming so much (with the music, not from being crushed) that I literally, for the only time in my life, lost my voice for the next two days.
2.Lollapalooza 1993: Primus, Alice in Chains, Fishbone, Dinosaur Jr., and Rage Against the Machine. Rage came on first and it was obvious there were a lot of people being exposed to them: half the crowd knew the words to "Killing in the Name of", the other half became fans afterwards. Another little known band called Tool played the second stage, and I missed them in favor of Arrested Development on the main stage. (I dont regret it either, I like "Anima" & "Lateralus" a lot more than "undertow") Fishbone was crazy, Dinosaur Jr. was loud (and had fake aliens on stage), Alice in Chains absolutely kicked ass, and I got to hear Les Claypool say "there's a dildo in the audience!" after he was hit by a pig's leg someone threw on stage.
3.Prince 1995?, The "Gold Experience" private listening party at Paisley Park. I lucked into an invite for this, got to hear the album before it came out and see Prince play at the tiny venue. There couldn't have been more than 400 people there, we got up very close to the stage and he was playing the incredibly funky stuff that somehow never makes it onto his albums.
Man I want to go to a concert now.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
The Police - Ghost in the Machine tour 1982 Portland ME

Any Reverend Horton Heat show,

and that goes for Los Straitjackets!

Southern Culture on the Skids - Denver; Bluebird Theater 2001

Elvis Costello - Warfield Theater SF 1999

Ani DiFranco - Greek Theater Berkeley CA 1999

And the king of all live shows bar none;

Bruce Springsteen - all 3 shows that I had the pleasure of attending. 2 at the Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View CA, and 1 at the Oakland Coliseum.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Michael Hein; Yep that was the time he was touring for You can call me Larry tour. He used way to much guitar.

Brent L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks