Best legal music download site?

Discussion in 'Music' started by EricDeB, Jan 8, 2006.

1. EricDeB

EricDeB Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys this is basically a question for my sister. I myself, buy my cds, but my sister is in the pre-teen pop stage where she loves the latest pop hits. She has been having some trouble, because she only wants to buy a cd for one song, and she doesn't want to spend the 16 dollars. What would you guys recommend as far as the legal download sites go? She doesn't have an ipod, and she would probably be wanting some of the latest hits, if that helps.

Thanks a lot
    Eric

2. nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood Second Unit

Even though she doesn't have an iPod iTunes is still probably the best program to use. Apple does a fairly good job of appealing to both the current pop fan and the classic music fan. Also at 99 cents a song you can't beat it and she can make playlists and burn cd's and such. And now with music video's and tv shows at $1.99 you can't really go wrong.

3. Anthony Hom

Anthony Hom Supporting Actor

You don't need an iPod to use iTunes music store. You just download iTunes+Quicktime from www.apple.com and all you need to do is buy the songs you want. The songs first download to your iTunes app. Then you can make a playlist in the order you want, and burn it onto a standard CD-R as an audio CD. No iPod needed!

4. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

99 cents is expensive. Try www.allofmp3.com Only about 10-15 cents per 192 kbps song in several formats.

~T

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

6. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Don't use it if it's not legal. [​IMG]

~T

7. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

Itunes is good overall. I am a bit annoyed that new albums are now $11.99 instead of $9.99, but I'm pretty happy with it.

8. Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull Supporting Actor

Try emusic.com...

It's $9.99 a month for 40 downloads (that's one option plan), but you also get 50 free downloads right off the bat. And if you want, you can cancel within the first 2 weeks of registering, keep the 50 downloads and not pay a cent.

I don't know if they would have what your sister is looking for though as it is mostly independent labels. But that still includes some pretty well known stuff (Aimee Mann, Gov't Mule).