What's new

Best laundry detergent? (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'm sick of buying new clothes, only to have them become faded when washed for the first time. Is there a good laundry detergent that can stop this from happening?

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
David,
I don't necessarily think that your detergent is the main culprit in causing your clothes to fade. Wash them on Cold instead of warm or hot!
It's always worked for me! :)
------------------
God bless!
jeffrey noel
My DVD Collection

Janna S

Second Unit
Also avoid using a dryer. If you hang things to let them dry, they will also last much longer. I machine dry very few items of clothing. After haning dry, if the item is stiff or has hanging wrinkles, just put it in the dryer for no more than 3 minutes to soften it. I have kept items of clothing looking presentable for years by not machine drying them.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I always use cold water when waching my clothes.
I haven't thought about not using a dryer though. What about heavy sweaters and such? Wouldn't those stretch while drying if you hang them up?

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I agree that it's important to use cold water and avoid using a gas or electric dryer if possible. I'd also suggest you try using Woolite in lieu of regular detergent. It's formulated to be gentle on colored clothing. Works great for my threads.
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Janna S

Second Unit
Really stretchy things should be dried flat, or you can hang them using two hangers (one at the shoulders, one to drape up the bottom. Bulky things can just take a while to dry, so this doesn't work if you are always hopping around naked waiting for the dryer! It also helps to use hangars that have some kind of grip on them - I wrapped some with spongy strips of bicycle handle wrapping stuff around some hangaers, wrapped others with strips of cloth. Just position the necklines and shoulder seams along the hanger so they stay straight. I also drape things over the back of chairs, over the footboard, over the top of the dryer, etc. It's really not as bothersome as it sounds, and it really saves the clothes, much more than cold water/gentle washing does. I never, ever machine dry socks, sweaters, shirts, dresses (not a problem for you, I suppose).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks