What's new

Best internet provider in NYC? (1 Viewer)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Hi,

I live in Spain, but I am moving to New York City for a couple of years.

Among the many things I will have to deal with there, I will need to contract an Internet services provider, but I am at a loss about which company I should trust.

I do not need a very broad width band for any professional purposes, just a good, fast and reliable connection for Internet surfing and e-mail.

I would really appreciate any elaborated advise on the matter.

Thanks!

;)

P.s. By the by, I don't know if it would make any difference there in the USA, but I am a Mac user.

Peka J

Agent
Jose, welcome to NYC.

I have Roadrunner internet service through Time Warner Cable and it works great for me. Very reliable and very fast. Time Warner is the cable provider for most of NYC so that will probably be your cable provider. The other cable provider is Cablevision - my brother has their high speed internet service and it works great for him so I don't think you can go wrong with either cable service. If you don't need the fastest connection and want to save a little money, Verizon offers DSL service that seems to be fine - and it seems available in most buildings and neighborhoods.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

No. If you have cable service through Time Warner, the Roadrunner internet service is available without regard to AOL.

I use Verizon DSL, which has been fast and reliable. It's cheapest when purchased with one of Verizon's package deals for local, state and long distance calling.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks