1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best innexpensive IR Repeater

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JasonMcN, Jan 26, 2004.

1. JasonMcN

JasonMcN Auditioning

Looking for an IR repeater for $100 or less. I need to control 4 different items behind closed cabinets. Are some of these better than others. Is there a good place to buy them on the internet? I bought one for my house from a local Home Theater place for about $100. Now they are selling them for about $200. My parents want one for their house but don't want to spend that much money.

Thanks,

Jason

2. tom derby

tom derby Agent

i got a xantech kit that comes with the receiver, block, power supply and 4 emitters for about $80. it works just fine. check out www.asihome.com I think thats where i got mine from.

3. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Go with the Xantec stuff that Tom suggested.

I have used the Pyramid shaped RF devices from X10, and a RS equivalent. Both are finicky as hell. I sh*t canned it in favor of Xantec stuff, which works perfectly, every time.

BGL

4. JasonMcN

JasonMcN Auditioning

Thanks everyone. I think the Xantech is the one I have at home. I just didn't pull it from behind the cabinet to check. It's amazing the difference in price from the local store to the internet. Over $100 in savings.

Thanks,

Jason