What's new

Best Inexpensive Champagne (1 Viewer)

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I am looking to buy some champagne, but don't want to spend much money, less than $30-40 if possible. I know this is going to buy probably the worst champagne around, but I figure I might ask you guys to see what you all think. FWIW, I don't care if it is real champagne (from France), or "fake" champagne from California, Australia, etc...I just want something that tastes good. Thanks!

Todd

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Good recommendations from Buzz. The Veuve typically retails for 39.99, but some local stores have it for 30.00.

White Star is excellent also (typically 35.00), but Veuve is our favorite. Stood up well compared to some 200.00+ bottles in a recent tasting we went to.

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
I logged on with an answer only to find it had already been given. Ditto Buzz and Kirk. I haven't tasted anything else in your price range that was even close.

Steve

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Ballatore Gran Spumante is my favorite, although I haven't tried many. It's really on the cheap end, I've paid between $6 and $7 a bottle. I've given it to several friends and they've all enjoyed it, in fact no one I've known has ever said anything bad about it. It's not very dry if you go for that, which I don't, and it might be a bit sweeter than some. It's actually one of the few alcoholic beverages that I've enjoyed the taste of, not just the effect. :)

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
For Champagnes, I find Philipponat and Pol Roger to be good values. I also find Domaine Chandon to be one of my favorite California sparklings.....

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Some decent ones in the $10-$15 range

Freixenet from Spain.

Korbel Brut USA

And believe it or not, Tott's from Ernest and Julio Gallo always scored well in taste tests. The stuff is only like $7.00 a bottle too! For someone who is not familiar with champagne's "dry" taste, Tott's has a little sweetness to it. Any of the Spumantes (Maritini & Rossi, Ballatore) will be a little sweeter as well.

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I am going to check out the Veuvet if I can find it around here in SB. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

Todd

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
OUI DENOT very good Champagne if you can find it, about 15 per bottle. I will concure that veuve is an excellent bottle.

sherry85

Auditioning
Real Name
sherry
All Wedding Rings on Sale Now! Fine Mens Jewelry at Dirt Cheap Prices! The Lowest Prices Guaranteed! Unbreakable, Indestructible Tungsten Carbide Wedding Rings Starting at $49& Up! Designer Ceramic Watches Starting at $249 & Up! We stock Titanium Wedding Bands, Ceramic Wedding Bands, Tungsten WeddingBands and many more, starting at only $49! We carry Stainless Steel Chains, Cuff Links, Earrings, Money Clips,Genuine 14K Gold Medallions and many more. Buy Now and get a FREE 1GB MP3 Player with any order of $200 or more! Free Shipping on All Orders $100 or more! LIMITED TIME ONLY!!! HURRY AND BUY NOW!!! Call us Toll Free at 888 700-7828 or 714 252-5753! Email us at [email protected] We have live chat! www.DuraTungstenRing.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks