What's new

Best HTiB under $300 (1 Viewer)

I know, I know. $300 isn't very much in the way of Home Theater, but I finally convinced a friend to get surround sound. And his limit is $300. There are a lot of Home Theater in a Box sets out there. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck under $300. Thanks.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Just receiver and speakers? I mean does he have a DVD player, or would that also need to be included?

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I'd say the Sony 5.1 (black) system would be your best bet. It's usually around $300 if not cheaper.

He just needs a receiver and speakers. He already has a prog scan DVD player and HDTV. I know that there are a lot of HTiB nowadays with the DVD player included. I'll look at some of the options already thrown out. Thanks.

John S

Senior HTF Member
$300 for a "real" system is way more do-able if you for go the sub, but in my opinion HT without a sub, just does not cut it anymore. Maybe on 2 channel ProLogic sources, but not on anything that has DD or DTS ".1" anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks