Best HT setup for <$1000 ?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Maneesh, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Maneesh

Maneesh Stunt Coordinator

I need to help a friend setup a complete HT with a max budget of $1000, preferably much less than that.

He was going to get a Bose Lifestyle but luckily for him I talked him out of it [​IMG] I was also pleasantly surprised when he said he could go upto $1k as that opens up some real possibilities, not just buying an HTiB For $300.

I'm going to suggest the following to him -

- Fluance SX-HTB - $299
    - Panasonic SA-XR50 digital receiver - $240
    - Sony WM40 sub - I am going to give/sell him mine for cheap since I am going to upgrade anyway.
    - Cables etc - $50

It comes in well under 1k and he can buy lots of dvd's with the money saved.

What do you think of this system? Its for an apt, the power should be plenty. I'm pretty sure about the receiver but am open to suggestions about the speaker package.

Note - dvd player not included in this since a decent progressive scan player is only ~$50 these days.

2. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Checkout the Rockets' Tykes thread and go to their site and checkout the Kenwood digital amp bundle offer. Best Buy has the Pioneer DV563 replacement the 578 for $129 presently.

3. Pete_M3

Pete_M3 Agent

that's a good price on the WM40 sub [​IMG]

4. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

5. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

Check out the level 2s ($549) or middies ($500) from HTD.com:

http://www.htd.com/homtheatspea.html

Add the panasonic unit for $250, and you'll still have about $200 left. Buy wires, etc. with the leftovers.