What's new

Best "HT-only" SVS <$1,000? (1 Viewer)

jephdood

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
Hi all..

I'm thinking of moving my Hsu VTF-3 II from my HT to my family room, so I'm wondering.. what are my biggest baddest sub options from SVS for MOVIES ONLY. Don't care so much about its musical ability as I have that covered with a couple of sealed 10's from another company for more critical 2-channel listening.

I'm setting one rule for myself though.. has to be a grand or less SHIPPED to my door.

I figure that leaves me with these options:
PB12-ISD/2
Dual PB10-ISDs
20-39PC-Plus
16-46PC-Plus

Size/space is not a concern and neither is WAF. I have full reign over this room and just want whatever will impress me the most for that price.

SVS recommendations only please. I have Hsu and others already and am looking to experience SVS for the first time. No DIY either.

Thanks in advance.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
No such thing... the SVSs are very good for music as well. Contact SVS and they will give you the best option (for your room).

David Ruggiero

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have the PB12-ISD/2 and I highly recomend it. Since it can be tuned to either 16, 20 or 25 hz it is very versatile.

jephdood

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
That's the one Ron recommended to me too, David. Do you find yourself wishing you'd have gotten the Plus? Is there any advantage to it over the ISD besides maybe more SPL's? I think in my room the ISD box would be PLENTY.

*edit* Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered the ISD/2. Looking forward to seeing that big box sitting on my doorstep soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks