What's new

Best HT Movie (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I thought doing a search for Reference DVD's might pull in more recent threads, it didn't. Which is strange as I could swear there were some fairly recent threads with this as the actual thread title.

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
I've never had much luck searching for "thread title" matches here, for specific DVD reviews anyway. Unless the DVDs I was looking for reviews for were never reviewed here...

Just looked up "reference" in titles only, slowest search -- nothing over 20 responses, most under 10, no big discussion, at least with "reference" in the title...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...by=&sortorder=

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wouldn't it be better to just answer the man's question?

For me...

Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Editions (DTS)

I, Robot (DTS)

Dawn of the Dead (2004) Directors Cut

Titanic

Star Wars Trilogy

The Matrix Trilogy

The Perfect Storm

Twister (DTS)

Saving Private Ryan (DTS)

Terminator 2 & 3

Jurassic Park (DTS)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, John. I agree with all your choices and at least one person here was thoughtful and mature enough to answer the man's question.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

Am I the only one who thinks that the DD tracks (whether they are on the extended edition or not) sound better, at least in terms of an HT demo? There just seems to be so much more bass. And yes, I do have my speakers set to "small" and my subwoofer channel +10 for the DTS settings.

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator

Here is my favorite as of late - mainly for sound-inspired awe, but the colors, costumes, etc. make a great visual treat as well:

House of Flying Daggers - Echo Game Dance/Fight sequence - surround + bass + drums/music. I have the R3 Edko with full bit-rate DTS, but I have heard the R1 release sounds great (original language track anyway) as well.

I also really like the Quidditch match in the "Rogue Bludger" chapter (15 IIRC) of the 2nd Harry Potter flick. It has great bass and surround throughout, with massive bass blasts at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks