What's new

Best HT Movie (1 Viewer)

Paul Savick

Auditioning
What is you'r opinion of the best movie or DVD that sound's the best for Home Theater. I just upgraded my HT and want to give it a work out. I herd Saving Privet Ryan and Twister are some good one's to listen to...

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
If discussions that end 2 years ago are the most recent topics about good DVD demo material, and people only point to those, then I guess people have to go to AVS Forum to find people talking about DVDs from the past 2 years. Unless you think no good DVDs came out in the last few years...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Actually the newest date on those links was september 2004......and I think his point was that there are already plenty of threads regarding this subject/question, but I don't know for a fact if that was Harold's point or not.

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
1st Link - started November 2002, to June 2003, with 4 posts made last summer (out of 6 pages).
2nd Link - April 2004
3rd Link - August 2003

I pointed out some newer ones, because if the most recent activity is 1-2 years ago and these are the best threads here, there's a lot of new DVDs that have come out since then being talked about on the links I posted. If people don't want to talk about it here because it's been talked about before 1-3 years ago, then there are other places with people that are more talkative about it.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well you wanted to be picky so I thought I would point out that your saying "started November 2002, to June 2003" with the aside that there were posts made last summer kind of discounted the whole "started November 2002, to June 2003" as well as the first "If discussions that end 2 years ago" statement, don't you think?
I wasn't making a big deal out of it in post #6, I was just pointing that fact out.

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
A few posts in 2004 after 160+ posts the previous two years aren't really a "part" of that "discussion," to me anyway. So to me, that thread "ended" in 2003, 2 years ago (with a few straggling posts last year). The 2nd thread posted started and ended over a year ago, and the 3rd thread was from 2 years ago.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah but Brian the point is that the posts and the titles in those few posts were newer, making your first & second statements just as wrong.

We can go on & on if you wish, I wasn't criticizing you as much as you apparently think I was...I am now, but that wasn't my initial intent.

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
I repeat:
1st Link - started November 2002, to June 2003, with 4 posts made last summer (out of 6 pages/167 posts).
2nd Link - April 2004
3rd Link - August 2003

How is that not "1-2" years ago? And I'm the one being picky?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
And my response in post #6 to your first statement "If discussions that end 2 years ago" was & still is valid, you waffling on that fact by saying "A few posts in 2004 after 160+ posts the previous two years aren't really a "part" of that "discussion," to me anyway." is indeed being picky & IMO simply flat wrong.

Is it important? No, of course not, but then again I wasn't making an argument out of it to begin with, I was just pointing out a simple fact as a minor aside, it wasn't even the bulk of my post. :rolleyes:

I'm stopping with my half of this hijacking right now as I'm sure an administrator will tell us to do so anyway.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
:rolleyes

I'd rather 27 people post this exact same topic over and over, and then actually discuss the topic than have to read through the nonsense above.

If locking the thread is what it takes, by all means admins please do so, but someone's point about a sticky was well said.

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
If there is to be "one "HT DEMO" thread to rule them all," it would help to have it stickied to the forum so it can be there for all to see without having to use the search function (which doesn't always work that well) or start countless rehashes of it.

The biggest HTF thread posted was for a DVD Etc. poll ( http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...54#post2729154 ), so I don't know if it would be appropriate to go off of that one or not - I'm not a moderator...

Harold started a "DVDs released in 2004/2005 to show off your HT" thread, although it might be best to change it to any time, not just from the past few years for convenience's sake...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks