What's new

best HT movie (1 Viewer)

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
I recently picked up Titan AE for about $6.00 at Target and was surprised that it was a really nice looking and great sounding movie. Die Another Day was another good one if you do not like animation. Actually, the list is long and full of variety.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
LOTR trilogy
Gladiator
Sniper2
Band of Brothers series
Finding Nemo
Pirates of the Caribbean
Bad Boys II
Star Wars ep.1&2

the list goes on............

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
I watched A bug's Life over the weekend. I had forgotten how fantastic the sound for this movie is!! Great use of directional audio. There are plenty of movies made that ignore the subtle directional sounds. It was a pleasure to revisit this movie.

other great sounding movies:
U-571
Desperado
Daredevil
The Haunting

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Define "best". :)

There's lots of bad movies with great audio and video...Twister is a prime example. I don't think Fantasia/2000 is a "great" movie per se, but damned if that DVD doesn't deliver some of the best aural and visual goodies you're likely to ever find on a DVD. The audio is taken for granted because it is made up of music, and therefore lacks a lot of split surround f/x (although it does have those too in certain moments) -- but the moment in F2K where Mickey Mouse runs around the room looking for Donald, his voice jumping from speaker to speaker to rear speaker to rear speaker to front speaker again, is always how I choose to first show off my home theater to relatives and friends.

If you want a *great* movie with *great* audio and video, that narrows the field considerably.

Dan

Stunt Coordinator
Pearl Harbor (dts)
Saving Private Ryan (dts)
Monsters Inc. (The Pixar films always have great use of directional audio)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks