What's new

best home theaters (1 Viewer)

Tim Brewers

Agent
Just wondering if anyone has any links to some really nice members theaters. We are doing a buddy's basement and want some ideas. I know there is a member's theater link somewhere, but I can't find it.

Basically we want some of the very high end theaters if possible.

Brew

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
You might try looking at AudioVideo Interiors magazine. It has great ideas from high end theaters. My theater is scheduled to be done the first part of december, I can e-mail some pictures then.
Todd

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Jared,

Nice pictures.

Do you have enough monopoly games..LOL
I noticed you had snoopyopoly. My wifes cousin Justin is the one who made the snoopyopoly game and boy does he NOT let us forget it.

Signed
ED

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
A little late on the ball, but I will offer mine for some ideas. I will also answer any questions you might have. Just click on the link above in tool bar.

Tim Brewers

Agent
Thanks again guys, these are just what we are looking for. My buddy has a perfect room in his basement for a theater (plus the cash) so we are trying to get some ideas on the framing etc. I am a carpenter by trade so the building isn't the problem, I just don't have any creative bones in my body for designing. :)

Brew

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Draw out your usable space on Paint brush or some other program and post it here and we can help create a nice theater for him!

Wes

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Shawn

I really like what you've done. Simple, clean, and elegant. What are the dimensions? How much space did you leave between the two rows of seats? How far is the front row from the screen (and what is screen size)? Why did you opt for curved seating vs. straight (I'm trying to decide on this myself)?

For my part I'll include my theater in progress. You'll need to use your imagination but it may give you some ideas. This winter I'll build the riser and stage (with a casual counter at the back for barstool seating) and finish painting and carpeting in the spring. This is a new house and I had the builder leave it at the pre-painting stage.

Click here.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Tim:

The link that you are looking for here on HTF is located here.

You can also get to this area but clicking on the "theaters" link in the top blue tool bar above the forum and thread listings.

Parker

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,
I have an article for an up-cominig magazine that describes my theater in great detail. If you are interested email me and I will send it to you.
Shawn

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Shawn, that is exactly what I want to do next in my own HT. Your pic shows the front soundstage with a black wall. This is something that helps as far as improving the preceived contrast ratio.

PhilBoy, thanks I appreciate that but I am very humble considering the company I keep. Some members here always amaze me with some of their setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks