What's new

Best hdtv for around $1500???? (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a 46pp9302 philips..It cost me around 1800 Canadian..for the price I couldn't really find anything that had a better picture to my eyes..I compared it to the panny 47", the sony 46", a toshiba, jvc 48" and a few others..I am really happy with the purchase..it has exceeded my expectations in terms of quality..

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, you'll find this funny. But, my uncle works for this electronics store here in South Florida and every now and then they have a conference where different manufacturers come and talk about their products and the such and well Sony does not make all their own stuff. A while back he was talking to me about it and was telling me he was surprised to find out that Samsung makes a great deal of components for Sony. So I thought that was interesting.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
What store is that in South Florida. I live in Jacksonville but have a house in MIami and go there every couple of weeks.

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator

Hey there fellow Floridian. Hehe. Well, the store is Brandsmart U.S.A. They have like a few locations down here and also will have some locations up in Atlanta soon as well.

Cindy V

Agent
I started my search with the Panny 47WX53 looked at Sony GW3, DPL, Plasma and ended up getting the Panny at CC when they had 15%off. I then saw the exact same TV at WALMART.COM and made CC price match. Walmart.com had it on sale for 1184. Great Picture right out of the box.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I've had Mitsubishi TV's, Sony TV's, Panasonic, RCA, and Toshiba. Out of the 5 TV's I have ever owned I love my Mitsubishi, and although after around 7 years of use my 50" Mitsubishi is still working good, with around 25,000 hours on it already.

Picture is clear, and it is not an HDTV, but I know someone who has a Toshiba and a Mitsubishi HDTV for around $2000 each, they both look awesome, I have to say they are both really great.

As for Sony, mine broke after 2 years. :-( But picture quality was very nice.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I know Brand Smart well. Our house is by the one on the Palmetto. I love the store but have found the salesmen don't have a lot of knowledge and the prices are low only on older models. But still a fun store to go and look.

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I know what you mean about the salesmen. Even though I think my uncle has a pretty good knowledge of electronics and things but I can tell you that I know alot more than he does about that sort of stuff. He was the one who got me into all this stuff and then I found this forum and from there on I've just been fascinated with all of this stuff. But most of the guys who work at Brandsmart seem like they came from Best Buy or something. Hehe. Yeah, I don't usually buy to many things from Brandsmart unless I can get my uncle to get me things at cost. I'm a college student so every penny counts. I really want to finish my home theater and be done with it, God willing I can get a summer job and finish up the HT.

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Cindy V, you lucked out, because the tv at Walmart is last year's model, the X47 model, and this year's is the X53....I probably should have tried to do that myself...but I ended up going smaller. I bought the Sony 34" KV34HS510 tv. I had Sears do a PM against onecall.com and got the tv for $1569. It has a beautiful picture, and doesn't overwhelm my living room.

I will wait and get a larger screen tv for my basement later on this year when the new models come out.

This tv is awesome though....even if it is only 34" diagonal....
;)

I do appreciate everyone's advice though!
Steve

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Here's another vote for the Hitachi 51F500. Ive had mine for almost a year now and couldn't be happier.

The set looked pretty good out of the box,after lowering contrast to a reasonable level. After Gregg Loewen calibrated my 51F500 the picture is stunning.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks