What's new

Best Hangover Cure? (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Jeff I have tried most everything on this list except the Alka-Seltzer. Although I don't think that I would want to throw that stuff up. I figure it burns your nose.

All that being said having a hangover is a part of the process. Rather then being mad at them I just try to think back at all the crazy stuff that I did to cause it. I have also found that drinking to excess about 5 -6 days a week cuts back on this problem as well. We can discuss addiction in another thread.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

It's not that bad if you use tap temperature water. If you use cold water, the bubbles really burn. Fill a glass with lukewarm water, plop plop, fizz fizz, and 15 minutes later you are over the worst of it.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I agree with you that a drink the next day works well as long as you don't have to work. I can't seem to get my boss to understand that me drinking on the job is a good thing.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing how much "talking to ralph on the big white telephone" the night of the debauchery seems to mitigate a hangover.

Drinking lots of water before going to bed helps a lot.

Anything with Acetominophin (sp?) / Tylenol like Excedrin can potentially cause permanent liver damage when used in conjunction with large quantities of alcohol, but it sure does a good job on that headache.

Jim_F

Screenwriter

This is not too likely with occasional use of acetaminophen at the recommended dose by a person with a fairly healthy liver. In fact, the alcohol may reduce the liver toxicity of APAP by saturating the enzymes that convert APAP to it's toxic metabolite-which is what does the damage. On the other hand, chronic alcoholics who chronically (or acutely) overuse acetaminophen are giving their liver a double whammy which can be disastrous.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
"The only thing that really works is to have a beer."

I have heard this about a billion times but obviously the last thing I would ever want whan I have a hangover is another beer. I asked a science friend of mine why this might help. He said it is because when you are drinking heavily your body become addicted to the alcohol. When you wake up with a hangover it is a combination of being dehydrated as well as you body trying to cope with "going cold turkey". Hence, having the beer in the morning helps releive the body of this feeling. Personaly, I don't believe it but it does make sense in a weird kind of way. I am a beer drinker. I always found it odd that I would wake up with a hangover because I am dehydrated.......beer is ALL water, and there really is not a lot of alcohol in a beer.
With all of this said, before I go to bed I have one glass of water for every beer I had and 4 advil. The other day I had 9 glasses of water.....I pissed about 4 dozen times but woke up refreshed and played 18 holes (walking). I know having that much water sounds extreme but I hate being hung over with a passion.....and I hate throwing up even more........

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I can't believe that no one knows the ultimate cure: Zantac (yes, the stomach acid reducer). I am telling you this thing works miracles in 15 minutes (if taken the morning after). However, I would recommend taking 1 prior to or after drinking. You will wake up and not feel sick at all. If you REALLY went overboard then you may need a few asprins (or Advil).

I've tried all the above methods and they reduce the hang-over but do not cure it. Trust me: Zantac!

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I find a few glasses of water and vitamin C works before bed. Also, if you are on an empty stomach, eat some fruit like a banana or something easy to digest before bed. When you wake up make sure to eat a good healthy breakfast, drink more water and take more vitamin C.

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve

I take prescription 300mg Zantac every morning and night, and I can still get hangover, I assure you. ;)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Because alcohol is a diuretic, it makes you pee out all the water you ingested from the beer. Which is why you get "beer piss."

As for a remedy, perhaps a BLOODY CAESAR... mmm

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Over a week old and no one posted this:

Head On! Apply directly to forehead!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks