What's new

Best Hangover Cure? (1 Viewer)

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
So... does anybody have one?

People will tell you to drink lots of water, but that has never worked for me.

Would love to hear some idea's.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Gatorade, replace those electrolytes. And food even if you don't feel like eating. And advil.

The only thing that really works is to have a beer. Fixes you right up but could lead to problems. ;)

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
I second the Gatorade.
Drink lots of it!!!!

It works even better if you drink it BEFORE you go to bed.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The simplest cure is don't drink in the first place. :)

Oh yes, and remember that the morning after getting drunk, the chances are high that you are still over the legal limit for driving. Just because you don't feel drunk doesn't mean that your reactions and judgement are those of a sober person.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I'll have to third this. One of the main causes of a hangover is dehydration and electrolyte loss. By doing this before you go to bed, you've given your body a chance to recover and you may even get some real sleep.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Water, greasy food, alcohol...:D

I was still buzzed once after I woke up, and remained buzzed for a few hours. Lots of water, steak, fries, and Jamba Juice helped get rid of the hangover. :D

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I always found that a McDonalds breakfast with a large orange Hi-C works wonders.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
These things that have eliminated hangovers for me (I would only endorse the last one)

-Time

-Very hard physical labor very early in the morning

-2 Dexamyls and 3 Empirin #4s

-Switch to opiates

-Don't get intoxicated on anything in the first place (this one has stood the test of time)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Yeah, best one I've found so far is to stay up an extra hour or two, finish a tumbler or so of water/juice/gatorade/(non alcoholic bev), and pop two aspirin before hitting the sack. Doesn't totally wipe out a hangover, but takes it down a notch or three.

If you are really, really drunk praying to the porcelin gods before starting that process can help as well.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I would liked to see some medical studies on that one. I find it hard to believe that after a night's sleep that the chances of you still being over the legal limit are high.

If that's the case you probably would have had to been dangerously intoxicated to the point where alcohol poisoning would have been a real concern.

Jim_F

Screenwriter

Alcohol metabolism varies a lot by individual, some variables are genetics, weight, frequency of alcohol use and medication history. Bottom line, alcohol is eliminated at a steady rate of grams per hour as opposed to most other drugs which have "half-lives"

For an illustration, we can use the old rule of thumb from driver's ed. That recommends allowing 1 hour to metabolize 1 serving of alcohol. Obviously, if a person pounds down 8 doubles in an evening (hey, if we're talking about hangovers, we're most likely not discussing light drinking) it could easily take more than a typical night's sleep to get below the legal limit.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Go the gym. Bust some ass. Expect your energy to be lower, but still go hard. No cardio stuff - move some iron.

Works for me.

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Oh, and about a dozen times the safe limit for ibuprofen. (Well, I do it to myself...take this with a grain of salt, and at you own risk.)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Alka-Seltzer, preferably before you go to bed as well as after. If you throw up the Alka-Seltzer, go back to bed for the day is lost.

Seriously, if Alka-Seltzer made us feel as good when we are sober as it does when we are hungover, it'd be illegal. Get the flavored ones if you need training wheels. I've found the cold medicine variety works as good as the regular, sometimes better because it contains antihistamines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks