What's new

Best GameBoy Advance games? (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
So what's the current 'cream of the crop' for the US GameBoy Advance titles? I'm getting Tony Hawks for sure, what other ones should I be looking out for? Any ones to avoid?
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Dacien

Auditioning
I've probably put over thirty hours on Castlevania. Sometimes i just can't put it down. I haven't even put in any of the other games i've gotten since then.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You know, I've *never* gotten into the Castlevania series. Never. Ho hum
NOOOO!!!!! You must buy Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the PSX and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for the GBA!!!!! I personally think that SotN is the best game ever made, but thats just me. When the NES first came out and everyone I knew was playing Mario I was preaching the gospel of Castlevania. I just love em. I own 1 import PSX game and that is Castlevania Chronicles, why must Konami be bastards and not bring it to the states!!!1

Van Patton

Second Unit
Actually according to the latest EGM Konami is bringing Chronicle to the states. They have a big preview of it. The GBA games I have are FZero, Castlevania, THPS2, Fire Pro Wrestling, and Konami All Stars Racing. I bought all those cause I had an 8 hr plane ride so I thought I'd kill the time. My fav. game is FZero or Castlevania because they have SO much replay value. I did the controversial button turn trick on the GBA and it worked for me :) I like THPS2 but played the PSX one so much its kinda old.

Nathan A

Second Unit
Castlevania and Super Dodge Ball are still the only two games I own. If you don't like Castlevania....
Get Super Dodge Ball!!!!!
If you've ever played the NES game, then this one is very similar with some upgrades. I've tried going back to the NES cart, but it's hard. The GBA version is just better.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
F-Zero is pretty neat. It'll be a happy day when we see an RPG for the system.

What's the button turn trick?

------------------
- Dave

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=bickle

[Edited last by Dave F on August 03, 2001 at 10:06 PM]

Van Patton

Second Unit
There's a small, small, SMALL button on the back of the GBA under the sticker that has copyright info. If you turn it, it will adjust the brightness of the screen but you have to be careful because its also the flicker button and you can screw your GBA up this way. You can read about it in this months Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Super Mario Advance is the only GBA game I have so far. It's got Super Mario Bros. 2 on it, along with Mario Bros. I like SMB2 a lot (it's my favorite SMB game), so I enjoy it, but it's not everyone's favorite.
I've heard some good things about Rayman Advance, and since I'm a big classic gaming fan, I'm planning on getting Namco Museum Advance here in a week or two. It has arcade-perfect versions of Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, Pole Position, Dig Dug, and Galaxian, all in one cartridge. A lot of mindless, but fun, games. . .
The new Mario Kart Advance (forgot the official name) will be out in about three weeks. From what I've read, gameplay-wise, it's very similar to Super Mario Kart for the SNES, but with some Mario Kart 64-style graphics. Should be a good one.
And if you don't have them already, you might look into the newest Zelda games. They're not Advance games, they're Game Boy Color games, but they're still fantastic. Pick one or both of them up: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages or The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. Can't go wrong with either, if you're a Zelda fan.
Have fun!
-mwb-
------------------
"Don't worry, baby/It'll be alright/You got the right shoes to get you through the night" -Bono

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I have Namco Museum and Chu Chu Rocket, which are great games that you can pick up and play at any time.
Is it just me or is Pole Position a really hard game?
~T

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Anyone tasted the delights of Mario Kart Super Circuit on Japanese import by any chance? Pretty sure this will be the game that finally makes me buy a GBA. Considering picking the console up whilst in LA next month (holy crap, NEXT MONTH......sorry. :) ).
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on August 05, 2001 at 05:51 AM]

Andre F

Screenwriter
Castlevania and Tony Hawk 2 are both great games.
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't have a GBA yet, but I'm gonna ask for one for my birthday in the middle of october (no good games will be out by then for any consoles I own). Since you can play import games on it, why don't people import more? I think some of the games are in mostly english, but you don't need to know how to read japanese to play some games. People could have also imported a japanese GBA and played american games on it. If they get black GBAs before america, I want one imported (unless I already have one).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Cost, Morgan. GBA games are expensive as it is, import GBA games are a good $10 more. I know a few folk who import games for it, especially back in the UK, and I'm sure I'll end up with a few imports for it myself. Right now, there are really only three Jap games worth importing that aren't out here yet AFAIK - Mario Kart, Street Fighter & Klonoa.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Tom Oh

Second Unit
I've played 2 so far, CASTLEVANIA and BREATH OF FIRE (RPG). Both are excellent but cannot come close to ZELDA (Seasons and Ages) for GBC.
------------------

Larry C

Stunt Coordinator
I have:
Krazy Racers (Mario Cart Clone) Awesome Very Addictive
Namco Museum (Classic games you can just pick up and play)
F-Zero (FUN,FUN,FUN)
Super Mario Advance (Do I really need to explain?)
All our great!!!
I know Tony Hawk is supposed to be the cream of the crop, but Rayman Advance and GT Championship racing are next.
And yes Pole Position is a *ithch!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
The game I play most on my GBA: Dragon Warrior 3 for GBC.
It's old school RPG goodness - it just *rocks*.
Get it now!
I do like F-zero, but it's not the kind of game I can play for hours, as my hands fatigue... worth buying though.

Rodrick

Second Unit
With 70 gameboy and colour, and now 62 Advance games I have over 100 games.

My fav's are Deja Vu, Monopoly, Revenge of the Gator, video pinball, pokemon pinball, pokemon pinball advanced, Mario Pinball, EA sports NHL HOCKEY 2002, Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud, Jeopardy, Trivial Pursuit, Price is Right, Card games, and Boardgames.

I beat all Zelda's that came out, and only 1 Final Fantasy. Scooby Doo's Creepy Capers, and The Sims Bustin out.

Rob Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Currently playing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. Both are fantastic. I can't remember which ones I've played in the past 6 months 'cause I keep switching between GBA/PC/PS2. Tony Hawk Underground 2 is pretty good actually, the combos are crazy. I'm getting TH 2 flash backs. Going to play Final Fantasy I&II, Metal Slug Advance, NFS Underground 2 tonight on GBA. Hmmm, too bad GBA SP doesn't have a line out, I could've hooked it up to the SR-71...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I like mindless action:

Final Fight One

Double Dragon Advance

Donkey Kong Country

Super Mario Kart (though seems to have lost its luster to me)

Bruce Lee, Metal Slug (2nd one), and Castlevania are supposed to be some good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks