What's new

Best for DVD: PS2 or XBOX? (1 Viewer)

Vincent Onorati

Auditioning
Real Name
Vincent
My cousin is looking for hist first DVD player and figured he'd kill two birds with one stone. Which works better with DVDs? Is it true you need a seperate remote for XBOX DVD play? Thanks.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
Yes you need the remote for the xbox
The xbox seems like a half decent dvd player as far as I could tell.
Does anomorphic etc-very much like an entry level player.
Ihaven watched a whole movie yet to check layer changes etc.
It does have the chroma bug though!
I hear the ps2 sucks for dvds!(at least you get to use your controller to operate the thing;))

Joe michaels

Second Unit
I have both and have watched DVD's on both and the XBOX is definitely superior to the Ps2 in terms of picture quality.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I have both, the PS2 is a piece of crap as far as playing DVDs. The Xbox actually works pretty well, but I did read a post saying that it had some problems with Disney titles?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The PS2 is horrible at playing DVDs. The Xbox is clearly superior in this area.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I say buy a DVD Player and a game system. Why not have TWO fun toys to open and play with?!?!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I hear the $30 for the remote is also like a 'DVD lisencing fee' or something for MS... This true? or is the $30 soley for the hardware?

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
Let's be honest.

In Canada it costs 50 bucks. Now that remote is like all basic RCA reotes and you could pick those universal Rcas for 10-15 bucks.

The remote and sensor can't be worth much more and add in no batteries thre HAS to be some DVD licensing in there but Mr Gates is kindaginving it to us a little you know where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks