What's new

Best Foot Forward (1 Viewer)

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone else want this great Technicolor MGM musical on DVD? The music is great and it has great performances by Lucille Ball, June Allyson and Nancy Walker!

FrankXS

Second Unit
Brandon, I second your nomination of Best Foot Forward. The problem that Warner has is that they have so many titles and they are releasing about 6 or 7 new classics each month. I've heard they have close to 6000 titles in their catalog so we might have to wait for Best Foot Forward.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
The soundtrack showed up on Rhino this past year many tracks in stereo and with a prescreen overture and exit music!! p;us a couple numbers cut from the film. I don't know if these numbers exist on film too but it would be great to see.

DaveK

Second Unit
Brandon...I also vote in favor for this movie.

What are the chances they'll give this movie the Ultra-Resolution treatment and put it in stereo?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Pretty slim, but the sequences in That's Entertainment 3 look so ravishing that I would love to see it!

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
The CD of BEST FOOT FORWARD is fabulous and the Laserdisc, while not upto the best DVD quality, is still quite nice and is good value, as it is coupled with DUBARRY WAS A LADY, which is also available on a great Rhino CD.

I'm really praying for MGM's SUMMER HOLIDAY.
But in the meantime I'll have to do with an ordinary looking Laserdisc and a wonderful Rhino CD full of deleted musical numbers.

DaveK

Second Unit
The print of Best Foot Forward shown on Turner Classic movies is LOUSY!!!!

There has to be a better print lying around.

DaveK

Second Unit
Since that last post I saw a better print of this film on Turner Classic Movies. It might be a candidate for DVD. Keep your fingers crossed.

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to have a joint commentary with June Allyson and Gloria DeHaven. It would be a real treat to hear from these two ladies who are still very much alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks