Best Dvd Recorder for my needs?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Pete_Jr, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Pete_Jr

Pete_Jr Stunt Coordinator

The main reason for a recorder is, my wife wants to tape stuff that she has taped on our SA 8000 to DVD so she can bring it to school and use it in class.
    Also the TV a HD Sony 30" is in our bedroom does not yet have a DVD player so I would like the PQ of the player to be somewhat nice and I'm assuming progressive scan. Now the TW cable box already has a big enough HD where we never come close to filling. Should I stay away from DVD recorders with a HD seeing how the cable box will do all the recording and then we can just copy the program right to DVD.

Brands,model #'s, any help would be great. Oh and if I could I don't want to spend alot of money.

Thanks

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I would take a look at the entry level Panasonic or Pioneer models. Both can be had for $200 if you shop around. Check over at www.avsforum.com because there is a lot of info on DVD Recorders over there. Myself I just got the entry level Panny E55 & I'm very happy with it especially for $200 The only other thing I would tell you is to buy a Name Brand one especially nowdays at only $50 or so more & stay away from the cheaper no-name brands because their missing things like Stereo TV Tuners & etc & only have 90 day Warranties.