What's new

best dvd players (1 Viewer)

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
i wanted to know what are some good quality dvd players and what to look for when purchasing one. what brand names stand out than others. do dvd players sound different than others or give better picture besides having an s-video or component output?

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
DVD for me, are different, but not that much. But there are also price ranges that will make a DVD have many options.

Like DVD-A, MP3 decoding, progresive scan, carousell, etc. Others have problems like the croma bug, so be carfull what you buy.

You could look at toshiba, panasonic and sony. Try to to post your budget, and what you look for in a DVD, so people here can give you a more accurate advise.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Depends on your budget and what features you are looking for? Do you want a dvd only player? Do you want a dvd/dvd-a player or do you want a dvd/dvd-a/sacd?

These are some of the dvd player manufacturers to look for:
Denon
Sony ES
Marantz
Pioneer Elite
Adcom - this dvd/dvd-a player I saw a demo of at the CES show in Las Vegas this past January. It was very impressive! I am thinking of picking this one up if it comes out this year. The retail on this unit is around 1k. The face is basic and has a high end look to it and very impressive performance.
McIntosh - High End Player
Meridian - High End Player, said by some to be the best?

Budget is key so if you could let us know what your budget is I might have a better suggestion for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks