Best dvd player with SACD and DVD-A

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by jason_vikes, May 26, 2003.

1. jason_vikes

jason_vikes Auditioning

Who makes the best dvd player w/ sacd and dvd-a? What will I expect to spend? Do most of you try and keep your components the same or do you mix and match. I am going to buy a Denon 3803 and would like to keep everything the same, but if Denon sucks for dvd players I will mix and match.

2. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Do a search on the Denon 2900. It's suppose to be a very nice player, if you're looking to match components and have DVD-A and SACD. If you're looking for "the best" combo player, maybe there's one $5000 Linn or Meridian or similar player out there that I'm sure others will be able to comment on.

Aaron

3. Scott Tucker

Scott Tucker Stunt Coordinator

No need to keep all the components the same, but in the case of the Denon 2900 DVD player i would be willing to make an exception.

Scott

4. Clark F

Clark F Agent

Try looking at this link.

There is a comprehensive explanation of DVD player technologies and benchmarks used to evaluate them.
    There are many more benchmarks than listed on the first page, so click on the "Progressive Scan Shootouts - December, 2000 - January, 2003" link and look for models you are interested in.

5. RobCar

RobCar Stunt Coordinator

6. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I can definitely say the Yamaha S2300 is a superb player, and does excellent dvd-a, I have only listend to SACD on this player so i cant comment on that.

but the Yamaha is awesome

7. sonny_b

sonny_b Agent

I have the Marantz DV8400 which is a very good audio player. I do not plan on using this player for video, but the audio section is super upgraded and it sounds very nice in both SACD/DVD-A. BM is another issue, I don't think the perfect player exists, but they are getting closer year by year.

-sonny