Best DVD Player under $300

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by KennyG, Dec 12, 2003.

1. KennyG

KennyG Extra

I've been trying to do DVD Player research for a while, and I just want to know what everyone recommends as their favorite DVD Player, under $300 (the cheaper the DVD player, the better receiver I'll get).

I've been looking at the Pioneer 563a, and possible the V Inc. Bravo D1 (did I get that right?). I don't have a DVI on my TV (as of yet). Are there any Panasonics or Onkyos or anything else that anyone would recommend? Thanks for any help.

2. dusty

dusty Agent

KennyG, I would stay away from Panasonic. My panny just "expired" last week. Do a search on H02 error and you will see what i mean. They have expiration dates of about 10-15 months [​IMG]

I am going to pick up the Pioneer 563a as its replacement. Its packed with features, and the price is right. DVI can wait [​IMG]

3. Dan Da Silva

Dan Da Silva Stunt Coordinator

I would look at the Onkyo SP-301 for $150, I have a Panny RP-62 and bought a pioneer 563 and an onkyo 301 to test aganist each other and, the onkyo blew away the pioneer in video and audio and it even bested my year old RP-62, so I am no using the Onkyo as my main player, I have a little review I did in this forum.

4. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

The cheapest top-rated newer model DVD player now is the Denon DVD-910 at $299, or if you can find one a Denon DVD-1600.