What's new

Best DVD Player Period (1 Viewer)

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
Any opinions on what the best DVD player out there is end of story. Price be no object. Doesn't matter if no one's ever heard of it. Just the best one there is.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Scott,

There is no absolute best. So far, every DVD player has flaws of some sort.

Some of the best players on the market:

Ayre D-1 (US$6500 and up)

Krell DVD Standard (US$8000)

Camelot Roundtable (US$3995)

EAD Theater Vision P (discontinued)

There are quite a few other very, very good ones out there.

Regards,

Sean M

Stunt Coordinator
Anything with an SDI out to feed a scaler or HTPC with an SDI in. That would be best from a pure picture quality perspective compared to other players, and the best ergonomics compared to a HTPC. Get DVI out into a DVI in equipped device (Plasma or Projector or HDTV) and you're golden from a PQ perspective.

Mike Burke

Stunt Coordinator
John,

Have you gotten your hands on the Tag McLaren DVD32R yet? I am curious how a $6500.00 DVD/CD Transport performs! By the way I had meaning to ask you about the Cinepro amps in your setup and I saw all my questions answered in that Cinepro thread.

Michael

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

Nope. To this point, we've not had too much success getting Tag gear in for review (unless one of our reviewers has one that they're in the process of reviewing). I'm going to try to stop by and see Buzz at CES, if they're exhibiting.

Glad to see your Cinepro questions were answered.....

Regards,

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Pioneer Elite DV-09.
It's only an analog player, you didn't specify, but it has to be one of the most elegant-looking 50lb DVD players of all time.
;)
Rich B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks