Best DVD player Interface for watching DVDs on a PC screen?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Hans M., Oct 14, 2005.

1. Hans M.

Hans M. Stunt Coordinator

Hi!

I have a Dell Demension 2400 PC that came with a factory DVD ROM player. The bundled software interface is Cyberlink's PowerDVD. It has a very no frills interface. I can't even display a timecode on it! I was hoping if someone could recommend a good free DVD interface I could download, that's easy to use with useful special features (including maybe a feature to capture snippets of video for school presentations or freeze frames, whcih I can put into Power Poitn presentations) and, most importantly, won't crash upon playback (I found too many of them that do!). Thanks for your advice. I look forward to hearing from you!

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Unfortunately, you have to pay money for the good stuff. The only free dvd player I know of is VLC and it has probably the worst interface regarding your average PC user.

Theatertek is a good one but it sets you back something around $60. If you find what you're looking for let us know.

3. Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson Second Unit
    Supporter

Hans,

Have you tried WinDVD?

We have the some extra discs that came with our Dell systems and I can send you one if you would like to try it. Email me the address where you would like it sent and I would be happy to forward one to you.

Colin

4. Hans M.

Hans M. Stunt Coordinator