Best DVD Player for under $300...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JasonMcN, Oct 23, 2003.

1. JasonMcN

JasonMcN Auditioning

I am new here but have already learned a ton. Hope I am posting this in the right forum area.

I am in the process of redoing my Home Theater system. I currently have a 50 inch NEC plasma, Time Warner HD cable, Kenwood surround system in a box, and an old dvd player. I have gotten spoiled with the HD from my cable and would like to replace my dvd player with something of better quality.

I have been looking at the Samsung DVD-HD931 and the V Bravo D1. Mainly because I like the idea of the upsizing to 720 and 1080. Unfortunately my DVI input on the plasma does not support HDCP (required on the HD931). And the V Bravo has had mixed reviews from what I have found.

I don't really need SACD or DVD-A but do need Prog. scan, component or DVI video out and Coaxial audio out. My reveiver will not decode DTS through the Toslink inputs. I know I need to upgrade my receiver and speakers, but the money is not there for that right now.

Please recomend your favorite DVD player for around $300 or less. Are there any other options that upsize to 720 or 1080?

Thanks,

Jason

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

The Lite ON 2001......for $150....

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Who has this DVD Player & where can you get the specs on it? Thanks.

4. JasonMcN

JasonMcN Auditioning

After reading the thread on the LVD2001, I went to Dell.com and bought it. $145 after Tax (I live in TX). Looks like a great unit.

I now need to purchase a special video cable. My plasma has a component input and a component BNC input. One is used for my HDTV the other will be for the DVD. I need to find a component cable with BNC on one end. Any ideas on were to find this?

Thanks,

Jason

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

do a search on liteon lvd-2001......lots of stuff out there