What's new

Best DVD player for Toshiba 34HF83 (1 Viewer)

Mark Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,

I had kinda planned to buy the Samsung DVD HD-931 player to go with a forthcoming Toshiba 34HF83 HDTV. However, I'v read nothing but complaints about this player regarding everything from 4x3 playback issues, to black crush, to poor remote sensing, etc. When I did hookup the two units in store and I tested Monsters, Inc., and The Saint, the picture was marvelous! I'm almost reluctant to get a non-DVI player for fear of the image quality being below that, but $400CDN is just to much for the Samsung at this point.

Are the Sony DVP-NS325SM, Sony DVPNS725P, or Toshiba SD430V, decent players? Which would likely be the best unit, PQ wise, for the 34HF83 (keep in mind I'll be using Monster Component video cables).

THANKS! ^_^

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Sony and Toshiba are inferior players with the chroma bug. I'd recommend a good Faroujda-based player like the Denon DVD-1600, it has top-rated quality.

Mark Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
I'd read that the Sony DVPNS725P does not have the chroma bug... I'd like good 480P PQ...

Can anybody recommend a good player from futureshop.ca?

Anything there that is particularly nice?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks