Best DVD player for my Sharp 55RWP4H

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanielN, Sep 30, 2002.

1. DanielN

DanielN Stunt Coordinator

Here are the specs on my new Sharp TV, I am looking for a good progressive scan DVD player to match it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sharp 55" HDTV w/ Dual Tuner PIP Model # 55RWP4H
    FEATURES:

The 55in. wide-screen rear-projection HDTV monitor delivers a beautiful 1080i high-definition picture.
    Sharp's proprietary DDFC1080 technology upconverts traditional video sources to high resolution picture quality.
    DDFC-1080™ upconverts traditional analog video sources to HDTV picture quality.
    10-Bit 3D-YC Digital Comb Filter (less noise and clearer NTSC images)
    Smart Converge automatic calibration between convergence points makes convergence more accurate and easier than ever.
    TWIN-1080™ lets you view two high resolution input sources simultaneously (HD, SD or 480i)
    3 HD Inputs
    2 component and one RGB.
    Pro Adjustments fine-tune the picture to individual preferences.
    HDTV Monitor 1080i
    Screen Size/Aspect Ratio: 55in./16:9
    Resolution: 1080i/540p
    DDFC-1080™ 2-Step Video Enhancement
    2-Tuner PIP: TWIN-1080™
    Input Terminal Type: 3 HD (2 Component 1 RGB)
    Anamorphic DVD Capable
    3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter: 10-Bit

2. DanielM

DanielM Stunt Coordinator

this tv takes all inputs and upconverts them to 540p or 1080i so a progressive scan players benefits are almost negated...that aside any reasonable dvd player will look good..I also have this tv and have a toshiba sd2109

3. DanielN

DanielN Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Daniel, I just realized you live in W.P.B. I live in Lake Worth.

How do you like your TV as a whole? It seems to produce a decent signal with Adelphia cable through the coax input. I do get some artifacts on the screen tho. I wonder if Adelphia offers digital cable so I can use the composite out of the cable box to get a better picture. Am I making any sense?

4. DanielM

DanielM Stunt Coordinator

the tv as a whole I believe is mediocre but for the price I think its pretty damn good...I dont have cable I have directv..do you have a cable box?? if so you really should use at least s-vid...if you dont have a cable box you should request one from adel...I am guessing you dont have any HI-Def??