1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Best DVD player for my Sharp 55RWP4H

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanielN, Sep 30, 2002.

1. DanielN

DanielN Stunt Coordinator

Here are the specs on my new Sharp TV, I am looking for a good progressive scan DVD player to match it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sharp 55" HDTV w/ Dual Tuner PIP Model # 55RWP4H
    FEATURES:

The 55in. wide-screen rear-projection HDTV monitor delivers a beautiful 1080i high-definition picture.
    Sharp's proprietary DDFC1080 technology upconverts traditional video sources to high resolution picture quality.
    DDFC-1080™ upconverts traditional analog video sources to HDTV picture quality.
    10-Bit 3D-YC Digital Comb Filter (less noise and clearer NTSC images)
    Smart Converge automatic calibration between convergence points makes convergence more accurate and easier than ever.
    TWIN-1080™ lets you view two high resolution input sources simultaneously (HD, SD or 480i)
    3 HD Inputs
    2 component and one RGB.
    Pro Adjustments fine-tune the picture to individual preferences.
    HDTV Monitor 1080i
    Screen Size/Aspect Ratio: 55in./16:9
    Resolution: 1080i/540p
    DDFC-1080™ 2-Step Video Enhancement
    2-Tuner PIP: TWIN-1080™
    Input Terminal Type: 3 HD (2 Component 1 RGB)
    Anamorphic DVD Capable
    3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter: 10-Bit

2. DanielM

DanielM Stunt Coordinator

this tv takes all inputs and upconverts them to 540p or 1080i so a progressive scan players benefits are almost negated...that aside any reasonable dvd player will look good..I also have this tv and have a toshiba sd2109

3. DanielN

DanielN Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Daniel, I just realized you live in W.P.B. I live in Lake Worth.

How do you like your TV as a whole? It seems to produce a decent signal with Adelphia cable through the coax input. I do get some artifacts on the screen tho. I wonder if Adelphia offers digital cable so I can use the composite out of the cable box to get a better picture. Am I making any sense?

4. DanielM

DanielM Stunt Coordinator

the tv as a whole I believe is mediocre but for the price I think its pretty damn good...I dont have cable I have directv..do you have a cable box?? if so you really should use at least s-vid...if you dont have a cable box you should request one from adel...I am guessing you dont have any HI-Def??